Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 04:51 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I recently moved to Los Angeles from Tempe, Arizona and joined a local gym. I noticed a female cleaning in man gym. I don't mean just like a quick clean but sweeping, mopping around guys. Also if she is mopping and your shoes leaving dirty marks, she will demand you step on the mop and wipe your shoes, is this a local cultural thing of the employee ? I noticed same thing in nearby McDonald's, lady told me to clean my shoes because I was leaving dirty shoe prints as she was mopping. Both were Hispanics. I never experienced anything like this before.
Yes, it's probably a cultural thing.

Years ago when I was traveling in Japan, multiple times I used men's rooms while cleaning ladies were cleaning in them. It's didn't prevent me from taking care of my business, and it didn't seem to be stopping any of the other men either.

Would you prefer they not clean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 07:52 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Basically she acts like she is the boss when in reality she is just an employee and customer are the boss...

I have high respect for anyone that cleans bathrooms. Obviously she takes great pride in her work.

Give her a break and thank her for cleaning up after everyone.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:24 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Female cleaning in Men's locker room and demand the men wipe their shoes

I suppose it could have been worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post

I have high respect for anyone that cleans bathrooms. Obviously she takes great pride in her work.

Give her a break and thank her for cleaning up after everyone.
No kidding. I'm not religious, but God bless them. (And higher pay!)

Old 02-10-2019, 11:59 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,129 times
Quote:
Also if she is mopping and your shoes leaving dirty marks, she will demand you step on the mop and wipe your shoes, is this a local cultural thing of the employee ? I noticed same thing in nearby McDonald's, lady told me to clean my shoes because I was leaving dirty shoe prints as she was mopping.
Am I the only one that read this whose first thought was, "Why are this guy's shoes so F!%$#@G filthy?" Seriously, do you currently live in a barn? If your shoes are so dirty that not one, but two cleaning people at different establishments felt compelled to tell you in their broken English not to track in dirt, the problem is with you, not them. I can't remember ever having a cleaning person say something to me, but I would try to walk around the edge.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:41 AM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Am I the only one that read this whose first thought was, "Why are this guy's shoes so F!%$#@G filthy?" Seriously, do you currently live in a barn? If your shoes are so dirty that not one, but two cleaning people at different establishments felt compelled to tell you in their broken English not to track in dirt, the problem is with you, not them. I can't remember ever having a cleaning person say something to me, but I would try to walk around the edge.
lol!

I suspected it might be a trollish, somehow racist thread, but I didn't want to fuel it.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:58 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Female cleaning in Men's locker room and demand the men wipe their shoes

I suppose it could have been worse.

No kidding. I'm not religious, but God bless them. (And higher pay!)

They already getting paid a lot for it, it's called minimum wage.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:01 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post

I do inspection at construction sites. So yes my boots are much more dirty. Also why should I walk on the edge?

Old 02-11-2019, 12:41 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,129 times
Quote:
I do inspection at construction sites. So yes my boots are much more dirty. Also why should I walk on the edge?
Obvious troll being obvious. Go somewhere else to troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: