Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2018, 09:28 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Wow, you sure go out of your way to be an apologist for Trump. He filed corporate bankruptcy SIX times, and each time he did so he stiffed working people and small businesses who had provided goods and services to his companies. He isn't the real estate genius that you seem to think he is, he's just a loud mouthed grifter and you want to say that "popping out kids" is somehow worse than that? In the first place there is absolutely no correlation between the two issues, and the average number of children per family of TANF recipients vs people not receiving benefits is exactly the same 1.9 children per family
I hope I can be such a “failure” one day and have a net worth over $1 billion !

Guess I’ll have to study Art of the Deal and the other Trump best sellers .

Last edited by jm1982; 03-04-2018 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 09:37 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I hope I can be such a “failure” one day and have a net worth over $1 billion !
And Bernie Madoff's net worth was 17 billion

Old 03-04-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
And Bernie Madoff's net worth was 17 billion
And one is President, and one is in jail forever .

Old 03-04-2018, 09:56 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
And one is President, and one is in jail forever .
You missed the point but Madoff just might end up with an orange tinged cellmate when Mueller is done.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:58 AM

292 posts, read 576,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Why do people hate the homeless, why dont we just hate criminals.
Because even though they think "but it can never happen to ME", deep down inside they KNOW it can, and they are very likely close to the brink, always struggling and fighting this fate which chews at their heels everyday. Seeing homeless people reminds them of this possibility.

Quote:
Everyone, including homeless are innocent until proven guilty. Does everyone think that just because someone is homeless they are out murdering people?
It's easier to have a simpleminded view of the homeless, than to actually stop and THINK "wait a minute....". It also helps to re-enforce the "but it can't happen to ME" lie that they tell themselves.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You missed the point but Madoff just might end up with an orange tinged cellmate when Mueller is done.
We’ll see Queen Hillary in prison first if either is going to prison .

Also orange tinged ? Why are liberals so skin tone obsessed?

Old 03-05-2018, 01:25 AM

7,016 posts, read 4,983,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

If they are getting a housing voucher, live in public housing, get food stamps, are on Medicaid, are getting an ACA subsidy, or any combination of those, there should be mandatory birth control.

Yes.

My parents had nothing, and they never should have had me. They relied on my wealthy maternal grandparents, and they shouldn't have. That was wrong.

So what? The overall carbon footprint would be greatly diminished.

Not an important consideration.

Yes.

Yes.

If you don't have sex unless you are married, and don't get married until you can afford to raise a child, problem solved.

All of the situations and points you have brought up in this post are merely excuses for people to be able to put salves on irresponsible behavior.
Hmmm...this is how nations that practice ethnic cleansing get started. Maybe we should brand all poor people with a large yellow P on their sleeves so when we see them with kids, we can call the morality police and have their children taken away and force mandatory sterilizations on them. After they do their prison time, of course.

If you were really worried about the carbon footprint, you'd be raising cain about Bill Gothard's religion. And I'd love to see you start preaching about marriage, sex, and being able to afford children to the FLDS, whose men, in case you don't know, marry one women, then impregnate others while NOT being married to them and send them all to collect welfare. Where is the outrage over that?

Last edited by rodentraiser; 03-05-2018 at 01:42 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 01:34 AM

7,016 posts, read 4,983,024 times
Quote:
Regarding Trump he didn’t go bankrupt himself . Some of his businssses did .
There is risk in business . If it was 100% guarantee every new business venture would be successful everyone would start a business obviously .

Trump and his companies have created a ton of value and employ thousands . So those companies are supporting many people financially .
Comparing Trump to a high school drop out thinking they can raise kids on minimum wage is a ridiculous comparison .

They can start a business and file bankruptcy if it doesn’t work out but they never will . They’ll just complain about how they can’t make it and about how they need more help from the governments to advocate for them.

The problem also with these folks popping out kids in poverty is their kids are more likely to grow up to be little criminals . Not all , but more likely .
If you can defend Trump, his philandering, his bankruptcies, and his lies, then you have no right whatsoever to put down the homeless and those on federal assistance programs. None. You've lost all credibility to spout off about the personal responsibility of the poor and what they owe to the taxpayers when you defend someone else who has no responsibility or morals and moreover, has demonstrated he has none to the entire world.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:59 AM

10,672 posts, read 6,160,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy. He has overseen the bankruptcy of somewhere between four and eight companies that he had a controlling interest in....not the same as having to personally declare bankruptcy, but it doesn't sound as though you would understand the difference.

2. Trump isn't royalty. He had to follow applicable laws when he took those companies through bankruptcy....same as anyone else would have to follow applicable laws.

^^^^^ I don't like Trump, I'm merely pointing out what is the case.

If they are getting a housing voucher, live in public housing, get food stamps, are on Medicaid, are getting an ACA subsidy, or any combination of those, there should be mandatory birth control.

Yes.

My parents had nothing, and they never should have had me. They relied on my wealthy maternal grandparents, and they shouldn't have. That was wrong.

So what? The overall carbon footprint would be greatly diminished.

Not an important consideration.

Yes.

Yes.

If you don't have sex unless you are married, and don't get married until you can afford to raise a child, problem solved.

All of the situations and points you have brought up in this post are merely excuses for people to be able to put salves on irresponsible behavior.
Sounds pretty totalitarian..

Old 03-05-2018, 07:52 AM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
I love PRESIDENT Trump! I don't care anymore about howpersonal life than the left wingers did about Clinton's committing adultery in the Oval office! The libs even supported him way beyond his presidency. ...so much for disparaging President Trump huh..Trump is about helping our economy and Clinton just tried to give away to enemies at record clip...
The number are coming in and TRUMP is doing more to help our economy than even I imagined.
And thank God ( Jesus's dad) for a LAW AND ODER president.
Sorry lefties- you wont make me change my mind or feel bad with name calling or insults- that's about all you have left so go for it-- we the people are ready to make America GREAT again - and the whole country is hoping you will join us to help restore the quality of life and great economy we once had before the left wing elitists saw how easily swayed some people are.
I am praying that California will have the sense enough to vote in someone like Trump that wants to fix messes , get cool stuff done in the economy and pass the torch on to future patriots!
First thing to do is to dismantle jerry's army of "homeless" criminals! Institute work and productivity related programs that will give these life-long criminals and do-nothings the choice between self-sufficiency and virtually permanent supervised ,well armed oversight. I'll NEVER change my position,but, once you lefties become a victim- you just might.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles