Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 08:01 AM

262 posts, read 205,044 times

Advertisements

I don’t know how to fix the situation.

I have a belief , that if you take all of the veterans, and all of the people that are mentally disabled and you’ll eradicate over 50% of the homelessness in Los Angeles

But locking them up and pushing them around isn’t going to help anything and neither is talking crap about them online.

It’s so easy to become homeless in Los Angeles that it’s not even funny. All you have to do is miss one paycheck. You’re asking be on the street

Try to have a little compassion for your fellow human being and stop saying, oh well I would never get in that situation. Most of the people they are talking crap about online thought the same thing

Last edited by AndyDwyer480; 05-31-2018 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: Error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 08:50 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,235,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If your step brother was taken to the hospital how does he know whether or not the cops looked for the suspect, and how can he be so sure that the guy is homeless and not just crazy?
No comment about the lousy cops? Just questioning my honesty... nice. Some strung out homeless girl was in his store causing a ruckus. He manages to get her outside and her homeless boyfriend was there waiting for her. My bil was viciously attacked by him. After he waited for cops to get there and told them what happened and gave a description. The cops just stood there writing it down. And if you can't tell a homeless person apart from non homeless we better send all of ours to Sacramento... you'll learn very quickly

Last edited by Finper; 05-31-2018 at 09:37 AM..

Old 05-31-2018, 10:36 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
No comment about the lousy cops? Just questioning my honesty... nice. Some strung out homeless girl was in his store causing a ruckus. He manages to get her outside and her homeless boyfriend was there waiting for her. My bil was viciously attacked by him. After he waited for cops to get there and told them what happened and gave a description. The cops just stood there writing it down. And if you can't tell a homeless person apart from non homeless we better send all of ours to Sacramento... you'll learn very quickly
I'm questioning how you know they didn't look for the suspect, they were given a description of him how long after this occurred, 5 minutes, 10? Were they supposed to run down the sidewalk looking for him? My guess is that after they obtained the description they broadcast it to other units in the area, that is normal protocol. But if you doubt that, then why aren't you calling the watch commander or chief demanding an investigation, that sure is hell what I would do.

And no you can't always tell a homeless person by the way they look. My neighbor allows his drug addict brother to live in his garage, he looks as much like a homeless person as anyone I've ever seen.

PS Please encourage your brother in law to set up a video surveillance system in his business.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:20 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
Quote:
I'm questioning how you know they didn't look for the suspect, they were given a description of him how long after this occurred, 5 minutes, 10? Were they supposed to run down the sidewalk looking for him? My guess is that after they obtained the description they broadcast it to other units in the area, that is normal protocol. But if you doubt that, then why aren't you calling the watch commander or chief demanding an investigation, that sure is hell what I would do.

And no you can't always tell a homeless person by the way they look. My neighbor allows his drug addict brother to live in his garage, he looks as much like a homeless person as anyone I've ever seen.

PS Please encourage your brother in law to set up a video surveillance system in his business.
Call the chief demanding an investigation ? Lol . Right . I’m sure that would go over well ...

Old 05-31-2018, 12:31 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,235,240 times
Quote:

Yes they were supposed to run down the street looking for him and her. They were still in the vicinity. This happened a while ago and nobody has been arrested so just another day in Huntington Bch. I don't think it even made the papers. And he has cameras in his shop. I can send you the tape if you wish.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:32 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,840,807 times
I wonder how many people defending the mentally deranged people we have infesting our streets have taken some of them into their homes.

I'll wait...

Old 05-31-2018, 12:33 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
Quote:
Yes they were supposed to run down the street looking for him and her. They were still in the vicinity. This happened a while ago and nobody has been arrested so just another day in Huntington Bch. I don't think it even made the papers. And he has cameras in his shop. I can send you the tape if you wish.
Some are just in denial that the homeless could possibly commit crime .

It’s a big problem in L.A too . A lot of businesses are suffering because of the homeless . Same thing in San Diego and many other cities .

But some of the same people that are homeless advocates are also very anti small business too .

Old 05-31-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Call the chief demanding an investigation ? Lol . Right . I’m sure that would go over well ...
I would suggest starting with the watch commander, but if that fails- yes, call the Chief you would be surprised at how well that works, it's one of the few things that motivates some cops to do their job.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Do you not think vagrants who commit crimes should be arrested?
that's not what I said is it?

Old 05-31-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Huntington Beach PD isn't a bad agency, I knew a Lieutenant who worked there. I think your BiL would do well to pursue this unless too much time has passed, if the video captured an image of the suspect that's really quite valuable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles