Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 01:54 PM

292 posts, read 576,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Yes, working, having a purpose, a bed and decent food can help.

But farm work is very hard. I don't think the homeless can work as hard as an illegal. It may take 3 or 4 homeless to = 1 illegal. But L.A. and San Fran should have enuf homeless to make a good effort at food picking.

I think it may be a good idea to round up all the homeless and relocate them to 29 Palms, CA.

NYC was working on shipping homeless to Staten Island.

Plan for new homeless shelters on Staten Island already causes concern | SILive.com
Notice the NIMBYs (and likely some NOPEs) are already hard at work here......

Quote:
You guys got lots of desert just sitting in CA, make it a paradise for the homeless!
There are NIMBY/NOPEs there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 02:01 PM

292 posts, read 576,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Being homeless isn’t a crime .. but the homeless commit a lot of crime .

Some of the hardcore homeless advocates that happen to not live in L.A keep telling us the homeless don’t commit serious crime .

I would consider robbery , grand theft auto , aggravated assault and burglary serious crimes . Wouldn’t you .

6,400 homeless arrested for those crimes ? That’s a high percentage considering there’s about 55,000 homeless in L.A .
Wow!

We’ve been lied to over and over again by the homeless advocates that the homeless are all harmless.
And you have proof of even one homeless advocate ever saying that, and his/her name is ___________________?

Quote:
The report said LAPD officers made 14,500 misdemeanor arrests of homeless people in 2017, a 10% jump from the year before. It attributed the increase in part to crackdowns on "quality of life" violations barring sleeping and storing personal property on sidewalks. Trespassing and nonviolent drug possession arrests also rose, the report said.
About 6,400 homeless people were arrested on felony charges, including robbery, grand theft auto, aggravated assault and burglary, the report said.

LAPD defends rising arrests of homeless people

The reason for all of these arrests are simple: The homeless are the easiest group to target. Much better for the cops to go after them then say, a gangbanger, because the cop has a much higher chance of coming back home that night.

Houses also make excellent death traps to use against law-enforcement.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:22 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,653,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Wow, didn't know that the homeless commit that amount of crime in LA County.
I swear someone around here was trying to argue that they didn't commit more crimes than non-homeless people.
Hmmmmmm.
Did you bother to check and see 'what' all those homeless people were arrested for? I didn't think so...

Huge increase in arrests of homeless in L.A. — but mostly for minor offenses
  • Times analysis of police data shows. And the most common offense — the one Segovia was arrested for — was failure to appear in court for an unpaid citation.
  • A spokesman for the LAPD, whose officers made 90% of the city's homeless arrests in 2016, said that methodology inflated the number because people who simply refused to give officers an address were also labeled as transient.
  • Segovia, who sells his artwork on the Venice boardwalk, has received as many as a dozen tickets, his lawyer said — mostly for sleeping, smoking and letting his artwork spill out of his boardwalk vendor space — and has gone to court five times to clear his record. He rolls his eyes at his multiple treks through the legal system.
  • The city scaled back some punitive measures. In 2014, City Atty. Mike Feuer asked the LAPD to reduce quality-of-life citations from misdemeanors, which can draw jail time, to infractions. But police continued to hand out misdemeanor tickets to homeless people like Robert L. Smith, who was cited in July 2016 for illegal possession of a Target shopping cart.
From a source referenced in the linked article:
http://milliondollarhoods.org/wp-con...2.0.FINAL_.pdf

So I guess what it comes down to is whether or not you consider failure to appear on a ticket a criminal act, pushing a target shopping cart down the street or smoking on the sidewalk are really criminal acts that should result in people being sent to jail.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:23 PM

10,672 posts, read 6,159,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkingBlythe View Post
Notice the NIMBYs (and likely some NOPEs) are already hard at work here......

There are NIMBY/NOPEs there too.
I like how they just talk about "Send them there! In the desert where they'll have paradise".

Like if the homeless are just a heard of cattle and not human beings lol..

Old 03-08-2018, 03:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,622,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I remember asking one of these illegal alien lobbyist about crime from illegal aliens and was told in a firm reply, "They do not commit more crimes than normal citizens."

I hear that lie over and over “Sanctuary cities are safer”

It’s because they are including low violent crime areas like Brentwood , West L.A etc .

Don’t think there are too many illegals living in Brentwood .

If you zoom in and look at neighborhoods like Panorama City etc the crime is very high.
Lots of shootings and killings .

Unfortunately the left will lie and lie to push their illegal immigration agenda.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:43 PM

6,089 posts, read 5,038,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Did you bother to check and see 'what' all those homeless people were arrested for? I didn't think so...

Huge increase in arrests of homeless in L.A. — but mostly for minor offenses
  • Times analysis of police data shows. And the most common offense — the one Segovia was arrested for — was failure to appear in court for an unpaid citation.
  • A spokesman for the LAPD, whose officers made 90% of the city's homeless arrests in 2016, said that methodology inflated the number because people who simply refused to give officers an address were also labeled as transient.
  • Segovia, who sells his artwork on the Venice boardwalk, has received as many as a dozen tickets, his lawyer said — mostly for sleeping, smoking and letting his artwork spill out of his boardwalk vendor space — and has gone to court five times to clear his record. He rolls his eyes at his multiple treks through the legal system.
  • The city scaled back some punitive measures. In 2014, City Atty. Mike Feuer asked the LAPD to reduce quality-of-life citations from misdemeanors, which can draw jail time, to infractions. But police continued to hand out misdemeanor tickets to homeless people like Robert L. Smith, who was cited in July 2016 for illegal possession of a Target shopping cart.
From a source referenced in the linked article:
http://milliondollarhoods.org/wp-con...2.0.FINAL_.pdf

So I guess what it comes down to is whether or not you consider failure to appear on a ticket a criminal act, pushing a target shopping cart down the street or smoking on the sidewalk are really criminal acts that should result in people being sent to jail.
So these people run illegal businesses on our streets and don't even bother to appear in court? Doesn't seem like they respect the rule of law at all.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:44 PM

6,089 posts, read 5,038,819 times
Quote:

It’s because they are including low violent crime areas like Brentwood , West L.A etc .

If you zoom in and look at neighborhoods like Panorama City etc the crime is very high.

Unfortunately the left will lie and lie to push their illegal immigration agenda.
Yes I'm beginning to think Sanctuary Cities are not as safe as Rahm Emanuel has been claiming.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:45 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,653,341 times
Quote:

Dang..I thought this thread was about homelessness, but now you're telling me it's really a rant about illegals?

Old 03-08-2018, 04:01 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,622,516 times
Quote:
Dang..I thought this thread was about homelessness, but now you're telling me it's really a rant about illegals?
I was responding to another poster .

We have illegal alien homeless criminals too though .

And it wasn’t a rant, just facts .

Old 03-08-2018, 04:37 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,838,237 times
Quote:
This thread is about crimes committed by undocumented campers.

Furthermore, why are they easier to target? If a LEO sees somebody committing a crime, then why is it easier for a LEO to apprehend an undocumented camper than it is to apprehend anybody else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles