Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 04:30 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,622,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Garcetti et al will tolerate any amount of public outcry as long as they get their money..ONLY secured facilities like jail and mental hospitals will ever work..everyone knows it...and we know why they want the homeless to be on the street.$$$$$$$$$$$
Great example of what the "public servants " really care about-themselves...
thanx for sharing jm and CONGRATULATIONS- well deserved

And the crazy thing is he believes he is fit to be President of the United States.

Last I checked each of these city council hacks receives over $180,000 per year in salary ...plus amazing benefits I'm sure.

For what? ... the tax payers of Los Angeles are getting a horrible ROI on their investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 04:34 PM

872 posts, read 606,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
.plus amazing benefits I'm sure.
Yep ....benefits untold

Old 10-19-2018, 05:31 AM

7,015 posts, read 4,981,576 times
Quote:
How soon until an out of area poster jumps in and claims the homeless have a constitutional right to expose themselves to children and have sexual intercourse in public ?
Oh, please. You're demeaning yourself for even posting that - I've seen you post much better than that.

----------------------------------------------

It's seems funny to me to be responding in this thread today. My lot has finally been mowed (I've been trying to get the guy to mow it since last June). I am actually looking forward to moving out on my lot in about 5 months where I'll be living in my car. The irony of posting here doesn't escape me.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:16 AM

46 posts, read 32,155 times
Quote:
A real mess and serious health risks have been created as a result of the tolerance of these street encampments. $300,000 pledged to increase street cleaning sounds like nothing .
This is a government created outbreak because they allow these conditions .
Who knows how many will be affected by this disease .

——
Typhus outbreaks are often associated with poor hygiene and overcrowding. Los Angeles officials say they’re corralling stray animals that could carry fleas, cleaning streets and encouraging people to treat their pets for fleas and put away trash that may attract infected animals.
The outbreak has also fueled debates about homelessness and housing. L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti this week pledged $300,000 to increase street cleaning downtown. But many fear that won’t be enough to curb the growing number of cases and clear out the trash that has accumulated as the city’s homeless population has spread.

“The sidewalks weren’t ever intended for habitation, our storm drains were never intended for human waste, and rats [are] crawling all over people,” said Estela Lopez, executive director of the L.A. Downtown Industrial Business Improvement District. “This is unimaginable, that in such an advanced society we would be facing this problem.”

L.A. typhus outbreak adds fuel to the debates over homelessness and housing - Los Angeles Times
That 300K should be coming out of his pocket, not ours. If it were me I would ship them to a closed down military base. A few drill sergeants kicking their bum while they detox & dry out would do them a world of good.

The county poor farm took care of the 'would be homeless' and not only paid for itself but made a bit of profit above the operating costs.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:46 AM

21,901 posts, read 16,637,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..5.. View Post
That 300K should be coming out of his pocket, not ours. If it were me I would ship them to a closed down military base. A few drill sergeants kicking their bum while they detox & dry out would do them a world of good.

The county poor farm took care of the 'would be homeless' and not only paid for itself but made a bit of profit above the operating costs.
Yes, this always works on schizophrenics, abused women with children, senior disabled, cancer patients who have spent their equities and life savings on treatments to survive ... et al. Brilliant.

To say nothing of the FACT: that Murine Typhus has no causation factor with homelessness. ...as evidenced by its annual outbreaks all across southern California, Texas and many other places, in locations completely isolated from homelessness. i.e. right now 3x the number of cases in wealthy Pasadena where health authorities stress no homeless connection whatsoever.

Carry on. Your erudition of the topic and insightful analysis is fascinating to consider.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..5.. View Post

Great points !

Humane and practical ways of dealing with this like secured facilities are not in the lefts plans- they ONLY take and KEEP for themselves without helping anyone but themselves.. they have plans to make this much worse as they have done since obama took office and trust me- they are scared of what is happening to their awful plans as the good people of this country are booting them out of office and getting law and order BACK- so maybe we'll be hiring a few drill sergeants pretty soon!

Old 10-19-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Great points !

Humane and practical ways of dealing with this like secured facilities are not in the lefts plans- they ONLY take and KEEP for themselves without helping anyone but themselves.. they have plans to make this much worse as they have done since obama took office and trust me- they are scared of what is happening to their awful plans as the good people of this country are booting them out of office and getting law and order BACK- so maybe we'll be hiring a few drill sergeants pretty soon!
Says the excitable poster who has never seen military service ...

Old 10-19-2018, 01:41 PM

7,015 posts, read 4,981,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes, this always works on schizophrenics, abused women with children, senior disabled, cancer patients who have spent their equities and life savings on treatments to survive ... et al. Brilliant.
As one of the senior disabled who is now considering getting a handicapped plate for her car, I can assure anyone who asks that it wouldn't work with me. LOL Not only that, but I have a very low tolerance for abuse directed at me. I kick back. Hard.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
As one of the senior disabled who is now considering getting a handicapped plate for her car, I can assure anyone who asks that it wouldn't work with me. LOL Not only that, but I have a very low tolerance for abuse directed at me. I kick back. Hard.
D.I.’s (drill instructors) are for intimidating impressionable youngsters.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:51 AM

Soooooo much lib BS and gibberish
(Libberish)
His team caused this and is making it worse - close to a billion spent this year and "homeless" is rising.... what a pig. They want them out suffering and messing things up and now want us to fork over even more ? Soulless folks running this human misery machine-
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/10/19...-volunteerism/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles