Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:00 PM

19 posts, read 38,089 times

Advertisements

Hi guys. I'm debating about whether to live in Hollywood hills or Beverly hills. Hollywood hills you can get ALOT better houses for the money compared to beverly hills however I'm going to be doing alot more driving plus if I want to send my kids to Beverly Vista/Beverly High it will be a 20 minute drive to there and back and another 20 minutes back. Also amenities like grocery shopping and the nearest gas station can be 13 minutes.

If I chooses Beverly Hills however I will get a not as good house however everything is right next to me. High end shopping school grocery stores Ect. Which would you choose.

Also before you suggest another place I chose these too places because of how low the crime is compared to other places in LA.

Houses to use for comparison.

Hollywood Hills
1618 Sunset Plaza Drive, Los Angeles, CA For Sale | Trulia.com

8445 Franklin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA For Sale | Trulia.com

Beverly Hills
224 South Stanley Drive, Beverly Hills, CA For Sale | Trulia.com

603 North Doheny Drive #3A, Beverly Hills, CA For Sale | Trulia.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 08:19 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Why would you want to add any commute to your life? This isn't about Beverly Hills Vs Hollywood Hills, you can find a house you like either place, it's about what your time is worth. It's the question everyone who ever buys a house asks themselves.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why would you want to add any commute to your life? This isn't about Beverly Hills Vs Hollywood Hills, you can find a house you like either place, it's about what your time is worth. It's the question everyone who ever buys a house asks themselves.
I guess my time isn't worth that much?

Old 11-22-2015, 09:10 PM

581 posts, read 921,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toben67 View Post
Hi guys. I'm debating about whether to live in Hollywood hills or Beverly hills. Hollywood hills you can get ALOT better houses for the money compared to beverly hills however I'm going to be doing alot more driving plus if I want to send my kids to Beverly Vista/Beverly High it will be a 20 minute drive to there and back and another 20 minutes back. Also amenities like grocery shopping and the nearest gas station can be 13 minutes.

If I chooses Beverly Hills however I will get a not as good house however everything is right next to me. High end shopping school grocery stores Ect. Which would you choose.

Also before you suggest another place I chose these too places because of how low the crime is compared to other places in LA.

Houses to use for comparison.

Hollywood Hills
1618 Sunset Plaza Drive, Los Angeles, CA For Sale | Trulia.com

8445 Franklin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA For Sale | Trulia.com

Beverly Hills
224 South Stanley Drive, Beverly Hills, CA For Sale | Trulia.com

603 North Doheny Drive #3A, Beverly Hills, CA For Sale | Trulia.com
Another bull chit post!

Old 11-22-2015, 09:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post

Another bull chit post!

Agree, the OP has the same questions regarding NYC.

If you can afford to buy these homes than why aren't they here in person visiting and researching?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Agree, the OP has the same questions regarding NYC.

If you can afford to buy these homes than why aren't they here in person visiting and researching?
I will eventually yet please of your not going to answer the question then don't answer at all.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:39 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,274 times
Well are you moving to NYC or staying in California? that NYC post wasn't even a month ago so I guess things change fast. And you asked about the weather in NYC, did you think it was sunny over there? Wikipedia will give you the average highs and lows for every major city and some smaller ones too

Old 11-23-2015, 12:43 AM

61 posts, read 80,388 times
Fake post. Ignore people. Dont give OP your attention. He just makes everything up to get responses. Same mentality of a troll who seeks reactions

Old 11-23-2015, 07:33 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,343 times
Even if the OP is a troll, I'm going to reply so future readers with intent can gleam info.

There's a reason Beverly Hill is more expensive. It's a better environment for young families who prefer proximity to everyday goods over a young/fast/single lifestyle that thrives around Sunset. Having said that, the delta in purchase price is becoming arguable as West Hollywood, Hollywood Hills & Hollywood proper continue their transformation into more upscale areas.

If I were in your shoes, with 2 young kids and all, I would go for the older homes in Beverly Hills. Reasoning behind my suggestion is you can buy into the amenities/schools/zipcode up-front, and then over time renovate the structure to accommodate your tastes. BH property values will not be dropping any time soon so barring all extraneous factors it would be a wise investment.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
Even if the OP is a troll, I'm going to reply so future readers with intent can gleam info.

There's a reason Beverly Hill is more expensive. It's a better environment for young families who prefer proximity to everyday goods over a young/fast/single lifestyle that thrives around Sunset. Having said that, the delta in purchase price is becoming arguable as West Hollywood, Hollywood Hills & Hollywood proper continue their transformation into more upscale areas.

If I were in your shoes, with 2 young kids and all, I would go for the older homes in Beverly Hills. Reasoning behind my suggestion is you can buy into the amenities/schools/zipcode up-front, and then over time renovate the structure to accommodate your tastes. BH property values will not be dropping any time soon so barring all extraneous factors it would be a wise investment.
Thank you. How do I close the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles