Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 03:31 PM

242 posts, read 827,675 times

Advertisements

If anyone could give me any information of this city. I would really appreciate it!
Is it family orriented?
Are there any hospitals?
How are school systems?
Weather
Median house price?
Closest Big city and how far that is?
Any shopping?
Does it have more of an older or newer feel?
Community activities?
Thanks for any info given and Happy New year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 07:53 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,816,470 times
How much research have you already performed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbon7462 View Post
If anyone could give me any information of this city. I would really appreciate it!
Is it family orriented?

Yes and no.

Are there any hospitals?

Did you perform even the simplest internet research on this?

How are school systems?

Good and bad.

Weather

Did you look at any weather/climate websites?

Closest Big city and how far that is?

Did you look at a map?

Old 01-05-2008, 08:26 AM

242 posts, read 827,675 times
Charles, why even reply?....Thanks!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
I don't know the stats you asked for on Claremont, but I do know it's an absolutely adorable town. Here's the town's website. Some of your questions might be answered there.

Now, I can answer you on the weather because I live fairly close to Claremont. It's hard to know what to compare it to because I don't know where you're coming from. Summers in southern California in general are long--80s (as a high) frequently, and in the hot-hot summer months, 90s and sometimes 100-ish. However, it does get much cooler at night than it was during the day all year long...which in the summer is nice, and in the winter might necessitate using your heat (we use ours). Right now it's much cooler, and I'm not sure what the high was today, but it was warm enough that my kids were outside just in long sleeves playing up a storm. (Now that it's evening it's getting chillier.) Again, depending upon what you may be used to, it's on the dry side here...this area is not considered the "desert" but I think is called a semi-arid zone, which is one step "wetter" than the desert. We get about 11" of rain on a normal year. EDITED: I just read on Claremont's site that it's 17".

June 2006-June 2007 was the driest in recorded history for SoCal though, at less than 4 inches for the entire year.

You need to water your lawn year-round, though right now is the rainy-ish season. Or, I think this is a little early and the rain we got was unusual...I have noticed that Feb.-March the few showers came...but then again I've only lived here for 3 years. This might not be the norm.

It's sunny for quite a few days a year here. I think greater than 350 days...if I recall correctly. However, there are a lot of "hazy" days. I hate to say it but there definitely is air pollution, which you may or may not notice. For example, my husband and my middle son have allergies and they're frequently a snivel-ey mess. By contrast, I and our youngest son rarely suffer. I know people with asthma definitely do suffer.

I don't know what else to tell you about Claremont...Oh, there's a farmer's market there, which I've never been to but looks cute. It's a college town and there are quite a few cute shops. The living areas have a very "neighborhood" feel, probably because of all the trees--there are a lot in this area as compared to much of SoCal--and the different types of houses.

I love Claremont. If it weren't even farther than my husband's already grueling commute, I'd be putting my sights on Claremont right now.

Last edited by JerZ; 01-09-2008 at 08:36 PM..

Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Oh, dur, I think I missed a few things that I probably could have answered you on.

"Old" v. "new" feel: Everything is very neat and pretty and up-kept, but I'd say it has more of an "old" feel...which I absolutely love. It just feels like a neighborhood...hard to describe. It almost feels like the east coast to me (except no sleet or black ice. Heh).

Shopping: For sure; there's a decent-sized town area. Rte. 66 also passes along Claremont and there's tons of shopping there.

Closest big city: Going east, I don't know. Ummmmmmmmm....San Bernardino? I don't usually go east. Or north or south... Going west, the nearest city or city-ish town would be Pasadena...also an adorable town, tons and tons of stuff to do, and again, trees. (I'm sorry...I'm big on trees.) Pas would be, I don't know...45-ish minutes from Claremont, maybe? Then next up is L.A...but now you're really talking about a drive. Probably an hour and fifteen-ish in standard traffic. Rush hour is long here. I have found that I have to leave Pas (we have a lot of doctors for our son there) before 3:00 PM or we're stuck on the 210 (and I'm too navigationally challenged to figure out the back roads), and the real bumper-to-bumper stuff easily lasts until 7:30 or later, then it starts to chug-chug along.

Community events: I always see tons of stuff in Pasadena, for both kids and adults. There is also stuff locally...I don't know what type of stuff you're looking for. I go on this one site called The Orange Cat which gives info on events for children, and there's always something going on in our general area. I don't know about night life. I don't have one. :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles