Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:07 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,635,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikefirefall View Post
Budget is 600-700 for a room. I really just wanted to know the closest places in the SF valley to LA by car.

If I may...if I were you, AND if I could leave by 645am or so,

I'd look into a roommate situation in Valley Village area. The reason is that theres lots of large homes there so you have more space/privacy, even in a room rental situation, and many of these places have pools(which help with the summer. And another reason is that these places are close to the Red Line subway station at Burbank/Lankershim. Its a 33 minute ride from that station into downtown LA, and many work places offer financial incentives to take public transportation. Even if your employer doesnt, its less expensive than gas to travel everyday...$3 a day. And that doesn't include wear and tear on your car.

If you can't find anything in Valley Village, theres also places in Valley Glen, and parts of Van Nuys. Homes in No Ho are typically smaller, but theres a chance you find something ok there too, maybe even within walking distance of the Red Line station.

Theres a chance of finding a place like this elsewhere...Los Feliz seems most likely.

As far as by car...anything near or east of the 170 fwy, south of about Victory Bl...will be a 30 minute or so commute to downtown LA if you leave by about 615 am, and gradually increasing up to about an hour if you leave at 8am.

As an example of what I'm talking about:

COZY QUIET ROOM UTILITIES INCLUDED

Townhouse Apartment Condo Private Room Clean&Very Nice!!! <----- I'm not a fan of this neighborhood though....

Room for Rent in a 2 bed 2.5 bath townhouse

1 BDRM - $650/mo - Studio City (PERFECT LOCATION!!!) <----- I was surpised to find Studio City...its a nice area and you can use the Universal City station for the Red Line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles