Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 2,656 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all! I am currently in Houston TX, and next year I plan on roadtripping with my bestfriend and a guy to California! I have LOTS of trustworthy (older) reliable friends in CA, so we are going to be sharing the rest of our trip with them. It'll be lasting about a week and a half or two. As for location, I want to go to Los Angeles, but I'm not sure where in LA! I am a singer/songwriter, and so I plan on doing ton's of open mics, and probably getting hired for paid gigs, as well as go to (a) great beach(es), good shopping, nice safe area's (I'll be 18 by the time I go to CA, safety is a must) with night life entertainment (other then me being the entertainment, ha) somewhere that I can feel lots of soul and heart of CA! I can only figure this out if I find a good location though. Also, somewhere that won't cost me too much on hotel.

I was thinking Long Beach or central LA, but y'all live in LA, so please help me out!! Any comments, suggestions are completely welcome. I'll be updating my post with new questions.

Thanks (:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 12:37 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,159,299 times
Start with disclosing your hotel/lodging budget.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:50 PM

223 posts, read 471,283 times
If it were me and I was young and poor, I'd do as much car-camping as possible while here. There are plenty of affordable camp sites to drop a tent and stay the night.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM

My best friend suggested to camp, we have a budget already set up, for hotel we are planning to spend under $1,500, we have some deals for hotel rooms available to us.

I just need help with location! What part of Los Angeles should I primarily be at? Read my post and help me out! Thanks

Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 PM

223 posts, read 524,442 times
Check out the Echoplex on Sunset near Downtown LA. That is sort of in the middle where all the trendy stuff is going on. A lot of art galleries are around there. Same as Downtown. But there isn't as much to do in these areas if you are under 21. Hermosa Beach is a great place to check out the beach besides the obvious Venice or Santa Monica.

For shopping check out Melrose. That's a bit difficult as that depends on what you like, but at least you sort of get a feel for many different styles in that area.

Like I mentioned in another thread, find a King Taco and order at least a carne asada taco.

I am curious what places you have found to play at. And it's relatively safe wherever you go in the City, don't let that discourage you from going into some dicey looking places.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 AM

I hear there are many unsafe places in LA, so I'm being extra careful about location. I have allot of connections in LA and so I am gonna be booked before I actually get to LA, but I plan to move to CA a while after this visit, I was thinking San Diego would work best for me because of my music and the life there, it seems like it fits me. LA seems like a big place, it's kinda intimidating...

Old 07-21-2013, 09:10 AM

103 posts, read 167,866 times
I stayed at the stayonbeverly hostel when i was scouting out moving to LA, it's cheap, small, but had free parking & felt safe and in the middle of everything. San Diego you can get cheap hotels by Sea World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles