Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 PM

419 posts, read 998,460 times

Advertisements

Which one would be better to live in and why?

diversity
food
cost of living
history
shopping
nightlife
better looking women
things to do
traffic
down to earth people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM

605 posts, read 1,165,435 times
Okay, if we're doing a bullet list:
- Diversity: Beverly Hills
- Food: Beverly Hills
- Cost of Living: If you have the money to live in either, does it matter?
- History: Beverly Hills, but Hollywood Hills certainly has its own very interesting stories to tell
- Shopping: Beverly Hills
- Nightlife: Beverly Hills
- Better Looking Women: Beverly Hills
- Things to Do: Beverly Hills; Hollywood Hills for driving and hikes and views
- Traffic: Hollywood Hills
- Down to Earth people: Wait, what?

Do you see the picture? Beverly Hills (it's own city techinically) is really in the midst of Los Angeles, Hollywood Hills is, literally, up in big hills overlooking LA to the south and San Fernando Valley to the north. Hollywood Hills is mostly mansions and large homes in a more "rural" setting, many of them uninhabited for most of the year I presume but could be blatanly misinformed.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,935 times
Rich suburban hell if you ask me.. :]

Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitofEndearment View Post
- History: Beverly Hills, but Hollywood Hills certainly has its own very interesting stories to tell

Do you see the picture? Beverly Hills (it's own city techinically) is really in the midst of Los Angeles, Hollywood Hills is, literally, up in big hills overlooking LA to the south and San Fernando Valley to the north. Hollywood Hills is mostly mansions and large homes in a more "rural" setting, many of them uninhabited for most of the year I presume but could be blatanly misinformed.
Good answer, both are great places to live imo some of the questions are no brainer. The reason I like Hollywood Hills is because of the views of the entire city, Beverly hills well that's a no brainer as well too, nice neighbhoods, but the views of Hollywood hills are tough to beat, espcally at night I also like north of montana area in santa monica.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,977,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post

The commercial core of Beverly Hills is actually very walkable and even has an urban flavor. It is not necessarily my cup of tea but suburban hell? I don't think so.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:57 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
The commercial core of Beverly Hills is actually very walkable and even has an urban flavor. It is not necessarily my cup of tea but suburban hell? I don't think so.
Oh ok. But I'm gonna take a guess that you gotta be bill gates to live there right?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,851,756 times
Quote:
Oh ok. But I'm gonna take a guess that you gotta be bill gates to live there right?
Not really, I don't think the apartment areas in the flats are all that expensive. They are westside prices, but nothing crazy that a middle-class person couldn't afford.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Rich suburban hell is more like Newport Beach

Beverly hills is more like Rich city life same with Hollywood hills (even though more rural setting still centrally located in greater LA area)

Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 PM

203 posts, read 577,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitofEndearment View Post

Diversity DEFINITELY goes to Hollywood Hills, mainly because it's more entertainment money that straight professional money.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:07 AM

37 posts, read 84,558 times
Both are cool ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles