Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 06:13 PM

108 posts, read 111,147 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm currently living in Palms, and my friends and I are looking into a place in this area. We want a place as safe as Palms or Culver City. According to lalife.com, the area is still under the blue area, which makes it very safe. However, only a few streets east, and the crime statistics are much worse.

Has anyone else lived in this area? I visited it today and it didn't look bad on South Corning, but a couple streets east looked kinda bad. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I'm concerned about safety.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 PM

203 posts, read 577,813 times
This is one of the rougher areas on this side of town, for sure....but I won't say it's horrible.

This is the Playboy's area...I know a few folks who lived over here, and my best friend's girlfriend stayed right off Guthrie on Garth, which is East of Corning...so I know it pretty well. It's very inconsistent in that area...North of the 10 off Fairfax is safe, nice....North of the 10 of La Brea is still a bit rough....North of the 10 on Crenshaw is very nice in the houses, a bit rough in the apartments. So Yeah, it's almost like "rough, nice, rough, nice" when it comes to those freeway exists over there.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 PM

108 posts, read 111,147 times
I saw someone else contributed a good response, but it's been deleted.

What do you mean by the "Playboy's area"? Does this mean there are lots of pimps in that area?

We are all in our late twenties or early thirties, and we are debating whether or not it would be safe for a couple of reasons. The apartment we are looking at is on the ground level. It's a really nice place and is less expensive than places in Culver and Palms. However, there is a glass sliding door that could easily be broken. Also, we will have to likely park late at night sometimes and walk, so if the rest of the neighborhood is rough, it might be a bad idea.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,841,316 times
Playboy Gangster Crips, the first gang injunction in 1987.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles