Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,357,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFM View Post
When did the village of Westbury become "high crime"? Since you listed New Cassel separately, I have to assume you are talking about the village and not the zip-code. Even New Cassel is not high crime. Its FBI crime rating is 2 out of 10, where 1 is the lowest level possible and 3 is the national average. This list needs serious corrections.
We must consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:08 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,201,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
so the thread starter is just now realizing that there might be some "not so nice people" in places like CI, Wyandanch, and Brentwood? makes you wonder....lol.
No, there were winners at every stop.

Except for Pinelawn...they were nice and quiet.

It was pretty much equal opportunity loser-dumb.
Im sure its better during the week.

Crooks

Old 02-08-2010, 04:27 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,357,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
No, there were winners at every stop.

Except for Pinelawn...they were nice and quiet.

It was pretty much equal opportunity loser-dumb.
Im sure its better during the week.

Crooks
Since it's the cemetary I hope that one would be nice and quiet!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Since it's the cemetary I hope that one would be nice and quiet!

Old 02-08-2010, 05:20 PM

432 posts, read 1,596,021 times
Everybody should be issued a I.Q. card with a background check. Idiots get to ride like cattle.
"Normal" people who behave get first class!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 05:58 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,525,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The ride in was an eye opener. The further west we traveled, my oldest noticed that more of the trackside advertisements were in Spanish. People getting on the train were surlier, uncooth, and potty-mouthed. I witnessed people dropping garbage, men staring down other men -- almost like they were challenging one another to fight. This was on the ride in during daylight hours.

The ride home wasn't any better.
Are you sure you didn't mean the other way around? The communities the Main Line/Ronkonkoma trains run through in Nassau are, in general, MUCH nicer than those traversed through Suffolk....

Not sure what's wrong with advertisements in Spanish either, but I don't recall ever seeing any of those in Garden City, Bethpage, Floral Park, Carle Place, etc.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Are you sure you didn't mean the other way around? The communities the Main Line/Ronkonkoma trains run through in Nassau are, in general, MUCH nicer than those traversed through Suffolk....

Not sure what's wrong with advertisements in Spanish either, but I don't recall ever seeing any of those in Garden City, Bethpage, Floral Park, Carle Place, etc.
I agree Sean Sean.

You get some shady in Hicksville and Farmingdale but its nothing like Mid Suffolk.

Crooks

Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,780,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post

SeanX4 - we started in Ronkonkoma and headed west into NYC. CI, Brentwood, Wyandanch are all west of Ronkonkoma. I should have indicated that my observations were of the Suffolk portion.

As for ads solely en Espanol, (sorry forget how to summon up the tilda on my keyboard) as a person whose family immigrated to the USA from Spain, and came here from Puerto Rico, I take offense at the laziness of the individuals who would prefer not to assimilate like my family did, and I take issue with companies which would enable this behavior. But that's an argument for the Politics and Controversy board.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 AM

556 posts, read 1,447,880 times
Don't you ever wonder what "those people" think of you?

You know, the people who get on the train thinking they are better than everyone riding on it?

The ones who let their kids ask the same damn questions over and over again, like "OMG, this is the City?" and etc...

The ones who act like they cant sit next to such and such a person, not knowing ONE_GOD DAMN THING about them.

Get back in you damn car and I hope those higher deaths per mile statistics catch up to you.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 AM

20,236 posts, read 21,005,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Have you even been to these towns? Not even comparable to Hempstead & Wyandanch!!

Hempstead & Wyandanch are towns that you cannot walk thru day or nite.
Hempstead is walkable daytime. Wyandanch...mostly no. Don't even like driving through there day or night. But Hempstead is fine in daylight hours.

FYI: Skel is a term normally associated and in reference to us white folk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island