Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,186,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
That's right, Crooks, both developments are in a different community than the community named in that place's mailing address:

The Tides is in Sound Beach ("Rocky Point, NY 11778" mailing address).

A map of the Hamlet of Sound Beach in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County:

The Hamlet of Sound Beach has a different border than does the "Sound Beach, NY 11789" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a " Sound Beach, NY 11789" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Sound Beach and a place can have other than a "Sound Beach, NY 11789" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Sound Beach): places that have a "Sound Beach, NY 11789" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Sound Beach are in the Hamlet of Miller Place; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Sound Beach that have a "Rocky Point, NY 11778" mailing address.
No thats wrong Walter.

The Tides (aka Tides/Tides North) are on both Sides of Lower RP rd

Anything E of Mahogany is RP too per RP locals weve had this disagreement before.

Now Wading River is in both Townships ...but the reactor was in Brookhaven.

That is a material fact regardless of what map you may have.
Trust me the taxman knows all and you will see a decline in property values as you cross the line to Riverhead and to Riverhead schools.
Wading River Civic Association - Community

Crooks
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,707,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Now Wading River is in both Townships ...
While the "Wading River, NY 11792" ZIP Code postal zone is in both the Town of Brookhaven and the Town of Riverhead -- there are no townships in New York State -- the Hamlet of Wading River, which has a different border than the "Wading River, NY 11792" ZIP Code postal zone, is solely in the Town of Riverhead.

Those places in the Town of Brookhaven that have a "Wading River, NY 11792" mailing address are in the Hamlet of East Shoreham.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
While the "Wading River, NY 11792" ZIP Code postal zone is in both the Town of Brookhaven and the Town of Riverhead -- there are no townships in New York State -- the Hamlet of Wading River, which has a different border than the "Wading River, NY 11792" ZIP Code postal zone, is solely in the Town of Riverhead.

Those places in the Town of Brookhaven that have a "Wading River, NY 11792" mailing address are in the Hamlet of East Shoreham.

Then Id like my taxes back because a stranger just robbed me.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,517,631 times
Quote:
No thats wrong Walter.

The Tides (aka Tides/Tides North) are on both Sides of Lower RP rd

Anything E of Mahogany is RP too per RP locals weve had this disagreement before.

Now Wading River is in both Townships ...but the reactor was in Brookhaven.

That is a material fact regardless of what map you may have.
Trust me the taxman knows all and you will see a decline in property values as you cross the line to Riverhead and to Riverhead schools.
Wading River Civic Association - Community

Crooks
I think you're probably right about The Tides being in both Rocky Point & Sound Beach (no reason that can't happen), but we've all been rollin' with Wally long enough to know that school district boundaries and hamlet/village/town boundaries do not correlate to each other! Tsk tsk Crooks....rookie mistake! I want you to say 3 Hail Marys and write "FOR THOSE WHO MAY NOT BE FAMILIAR WITH THE HAMLET OF WADING RIVER...." 50 times on looseleaf in your finest penmanship

BTW, I think most Civic Associations on LI only confuse geography related things even more. They always put up signs in the wrong places and make up stupid names to try and sound fancy. Not a big deal, just sayin'....

BTWx2, The border between East Shoreham and Ridge is ridiculous. I think whatever cartographer drew that one up must have been really into Picasso or had something against the people of Ridge....to the point where he wanted to make it look like his favored locale was thrusting it's mighty rod into the unlucky neighboring hamlet's gaping chasm

BTWx3, I just looked on a map. Ye olde SHOR-am NUKLEY-ah POW-ah Plant is in East SHOR-am....or, as the locals say (as I've now learned) "just SHOR-am", right on the border with both Wadin' RIV-ah and the Town a RIV-ah head.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I think you're probably right about The Tides being in both Rocky Point & Sound Beach (no reason that can't happen), but we've all been rollin' with Wally long enough to know that school district boundaries and hamlet/village/town boundaries do not correlate to each other! Tsk tsk Crooks....rookie mistake! I want you to say 3 Hail Marys and write "FOR THOSE WHO MAY NOT BE FAMILIAR WITH THE HAMLET OF WADING RIVER...." 50 times on looseleaf in your finest penmanship

BTW, I think most Civic Associations on LI only confuse geography related things even more. They always put up signs in the wrong places and make up stupid names to try and sound fancy. Not a big deal, just sayin'....

BTWx2, The border between East Shoreham and Ridge is ridiculous. I think whatever cartographer drew that one up must have been really into Picasso or had something against the people of Ridge....to the point where he wanted to make it look like his favored locale was thrusting it's mighty rod into the unlucky neighboring hamlet's gaping chasm

BTWx3, I just looked on a map. Ye olde SHOR-am NUKLEY-ah POW-ah Plant is in East SHOR-am....or, as the locals say (as I've now learned) "just SHOR-am", right on the border with both Wading River and the Town of Riverhead.

Just spit out my coffee

LMAO

Crooks

PS Where is the exact line where SWR ends?

Last edited by Crookhaven; 01-19-2010 at 04:11 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM

35 posts, read 156,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner+2 View Post
No one says East Shoreham. It's either "The Village" or just plain Shoreham.

All of the streets in Shoridge Hills have the names of colleges (except for Valentine Rd. for some reason). A few McMansions but not like the new developements that they built over on the south side of 25A. Private beach with a boardwalk and nice people.

If you were on 25A you could take Miller Ave, go North past the elementary school, then make a right onto N. Country Rd and follow that until the road forks. It's right there on the left. It's not near the old Lilco site. I'd also say that was in Wading River, but I'm sure Walter would find some reason why I am wrong...
Thank you, now I can drive around and see what it is like there. I am not sure if there is anything for sale in that area but I will check it anyway.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandercma View Post
Thank you, now I can drive around and see what it is like there. I am not sure if there is anything for sale in that area but I will check it anyway.
Redfin's awesome.
Get the Iphone app.
http://www.redfin.com/search#search_...Wading%20River

Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 PM

721 posts, read 1,568,349 times
If you have any questions about Shoreham, feel free to ask!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,707,527 times
Quote:
PS Where is the exact line where SWR ends?
Shoreham-Wading River Central School District
Attached Thumbnails
Island Estates Shoreham-shoreham-wadingrivercsd.gif  

Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Shoreham-Wading River Central School District

THanks Walter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island