Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 8,384 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm a single 29 year old, debating whether or not to purchase a home in Hampton Bays or in Aquebogue. I have heard mixed reviews about the school districts in both areas. I can buy a much larger, nicer home in Aquebogue for less than I can in Hampton Bays, but Hampton Bays seems to have a better sense of community (for young people, especially). Can anyone help to shed some light for me? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,168,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needadvice929 View Post
Hello, I'm a single 29 year old, debating whether or not to purchase a home in Hampton Bays or in Aquebogue. I have heard mixed reviews about the school districts in both areas. I can buy a much larger, nicer home in Aquebogue for less than I can in Hampton Bays, but Hampton Bays seems to have a better sense of community (for young people, especially). Can anyone help to shed some light for me? Thanks so much!

Hampton Bays.

Aquebogue is nice but Riverhead schools are rough, really rough, hence the bargain price.

Only downside to Hampton Bays is the drunken Axe Bodyspray army that invades the area for 3 months out of the year.
Locals are trying to close down the clubs and send them back to Massapequa but its still an uphill battle.

Other than that Poormanshampton wins hands down.
Way better than anywhere in Riverhead.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 11-09-2009 at 09:11 PM..

Old 11-09-2009, 08:52 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,370,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Hampton Bays.

Aquebogue is nice but Riverhead schools are rough, really rough, hence the bargain price.

Only downside to Hampton Bays is the drunken Axe Bodyspray army that invades the area for 3 months out of the year.
Locals are trying to close down the clubs and send them back to Jersey and Massapequa bit its still an uphill battle.

Other than that Poormanshampton wins hands down.
Way better than anywhere in Riverhead.

Crooks
isn't westhampton the poor hampton?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
isn't westhampton the poor hampton?
Youve clearly never been to Dune Rd or WHB.
; )
The help pretty much lives in Mastic-Shirley or Hampton Bays.

If I were to rank it, for me it would probably look like.

East Hampton
Amagansett
Water Mill
Bridgehampton
Southampton
Ouogue
Shelter Island
Sag Harbor
Remesenberg
West Hampton
Montauk
Springs
East Quogue
Hampton Bays
Then 50 or so other towns East of 112 then...
Aquebogue.

Keep in mind the even lousiest Hampton town is still pretty nice.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 11-09-2009 at 09:10 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 06:59 AM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Locals are trying to close down the clubs and send them back to Massapequa but its still an uphill battle.

Crooks
bawahahahahahahahahahaha!
I nearly choked and shot my coffee through my nose! LOL!

Old 11-10-2009, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 8,384 times
Wow. I've never heard such negativity regarding Aquebogue. I can't believe you'd put it DEAD LAST on a list of cities to live in. That's just too difficult to believe. Maybe we have differing taste. Thank you for your input, though.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needadvice929 View Post
Wow. I've never heard such negativity regarding Aquebogue. I can't believe you'd put it DEAD LAST on a list of cities to live in. That's just too difficult to believe. Maybe we have differing taste. Thank you for your input, though.
Im sorry.

Dead last vs the Hamptons and many other towns in Southold/Brookhaven.
(Its also better than many too)

Aquebogue is fine except for the schools, same with Baiting Hollow.
The elementary is fine but other than that the District boat anchor on the area.
Be prepared to pay for Mercy HS(and thats even riddled with dope now)

Id go with Hampton Bays if given the choice.
You get what you pay for.

Crooks

Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 AM

10 posts, read 34,142 times
Hampton bays is looking better and better every year and I feel it is poised to be the next big thing, You can feel the electricity in the air here. somthing is changing and fast

Old 09-01-2014, 12:23 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,064,367 times
Really??....i thought I read in Newsday today that minorities were starting to open businesses inthe area and the snobby locals werent all that happy.

Is that the electricity you are talking about .

Old 09-01-2014, 12:28 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Really??....i thought I read in Newsday today that minorities were starting to open businesses inthe area and the snobby locals werent all that happy.

Is that the electricity you are talking about .
Mentioning snobby locals in the context of Hampton Bays reveals you as ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island