Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGuy View Post
I don't know what the law is in NY, but I can tell you that in FL, someone would be going to jail. If not for possession (the tactics mentioned above almost always work) then for something else. The statute book is pretty darned thick and there are a whole lot of loopholes for me to work with.
That's what I meant about FL in the very beginning!

That they are much stricter. If they can't get you one way, they will get you another!

As often happens on here, we are more on the same page than we thought we were.

As for the story about the nurse in FL, that did happen. But, I will concede, that maybe I don't know the WHOLE story behind her going to jail, especially because I heard it from a sympathetic coworker of hers ... I will find out the actual names in the case and look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 04:03 PM

81 posts, read 134,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You have proven nothing beyond a reasonable doubt. Neither have I at this point, but I am still looking for the cases. Neither of us is 100% "wrong" or "right." We don't know who or what you are. We only know what you are writing here and whether we accept it or not is up to the individual. You seem to expect everyone to believe you 100% with total confidence. That just doesn't happen on internet forums where anybody can post anything. Often the topic of the thread switches and people jump around adding in different things or expanding on the basic idea at hand.

Since you claim to have expertise in what tactics the police use to determine whose drugs have been found, it would be nice if you would share it. It would help your credibility (since you seem to care so much about it) if you can come up with something authentic.
Then don't believe me. There is nothing I can do at this point to make you believe otherwise. I could post pictures of drugs, weapons, cash etc I have impounded, I could even go as far as posting a picture of me in uniform (I wont) but all of that could be faked because we're on the web, right? So, where do we go from here? We agree to disagree, but eventually, other people will see our little tirade against each other and know that I am legit. I know for a fact there are other cops on here, and they, at least, will see. Whether it means anything or not, you have my word than everything i said in this thread is absolutely true. Take it easy

Old 09-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
That's what I meant about FL in the very beginning!

That they are much stricter. If they can't get you one way, they will get you another!

As often happens on here, we are more on the same page than we thought we were.

As for the story about the nurse in FL, that did happen. But, I will concede, that maybe I don't know the WHOLE story behind her going to jail, especially because I heard it from a sympathetic coworker of hers ... I will find out the actual names in the case and look it up.

That's not a FL thing, that's a cop thing. I just meant I don't know the specific NY laws or their wording, so I can't speak intelligently about them. For instance, if I don't take you for possession, I'll find a way to take you for obstruction of justice/opposing an officer, or any other of the dozens of laws that are technically, and legally, applicable.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I know they weren't clients of the firm. It goes to show you that the biased article you posted would've been proven inaccurate if they told what the other two were arrested for.
It's POSSIBLE they were arrested for drugs too. How can you be so certain otherwise? Right now we don't know.

Quote:
I'm not disclosing police tactics on a public forum. I don't know who YOU or anyone else is on here that is reading this.
So you think we're a bunch of arch-criminals looking to get out of drug arrests?

What is there to hide? With the TV shows out there like "Forensic Files," "The Interrogators," etc., much of police investigators' secrets have been disclosed a long time ago. I was just curious to hear your take on it.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
That's not a FL thing, that's a cop thing. I just meant I don't know the specific NY laws or their wording, so I can't speak intelligently about them. For instance, if I don't take you for possession, I'll find a way to take you for obstruction of justice/opposing an officer, or any other of the dozens of laws that are technically, and legally, applicable.
Well maybe you can do a survey of the people you arrest for us. Ask them if they have been arrested in other states. If they have, ask them if they think Florida is more strict, harder to get away with things, etc. They are the real experts after all.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
It's POSSIBLE they were arrested for drugs too. How can you be so certain otherwise? Right now we don't know.

So you think we're a bunch of arch-criminals looking to get out of drug arrests?

What is there to hide? With the TV shows out there like "Forensic Files," "The Interrogators," etc., much of police investigators' secrets have been disclosed a long time ago. I was just curious to hear your take on it.
I'm not certain...that's what I was getting at. Maybe they all WERE in possession. The point I was making was that the article you posted simply listed a man as arrested for possession, but yet it made no mention of who, what, where, when, why, or how the drugs were found.

I don't think you're an arch-criminal, but just like you're not sure about me, I'm not sure about you or anyone else. It's an open forum, and yes, there probably are some not so nice people who read this forum. Also, I'm not talking about well known tactics as shown on TV, I'm talking about street-tactics that are perfectly legal, but aren't know by too many people outside of law enforcement simply because they never had the chance to use them/see them used. It's a tool we use, and a valuable one, and it's not worth putting them out there on a public forum.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Well maybe you can do a survey of the people you arrest for us. Ask them if they have been arrested in other states. If they have, ask them if they think Florida is more strict, harder to get away with things, etc. They are the real experts after all.

To heck with that, I have enough paperwork to do.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
To heck with that, I have enough paperwork to do.
I'll type out the survey form for you and email you a PDF ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island