Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times

Advertisements

this received plenty of coverage. Delete this worthless thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 08:23 AM

748 posts, read 2,888,487 times
This is very sad and disturbing.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 AM

874 posts, read 2,875,416 times
What is sad and disturbing is the fact that people are immediately assuming that people are illegal aliens without any proof that they really are. I actually do believe that something should be done about illegal immigration but feel that this story does not have anything to do with illegal immigration at all.

Not only do we not know the citizenship of the people involved but we also do not know the motive for the crime. It very well could have been a robbery gone bad or perhaps there was an argument that took place previously or one of thousands of other scenarios could have taken place. To start speculating that this was illegal immigrant gang activity is not right at all.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFM View Post
This is very sad and disturbing.
the incident or this thread? lol...

Old 08-14-2009, 09:01 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,336,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
What is sad and disturbing is the fact that people are immediately assuming that people are illegal aliens without any proof that they really are. I actually do believe that something should be done about illegal immigration but feel that this story does not have anything to do with illegal immigration at all.

Not only do we not know the citizenship of the people involved but we also do not know the motive for the crime. It very well could have been a robbery gone bad or perhaps there was an argument that took place previously or one of thousands of other scenarios could have taken place. To start speculating that this was illegal immigrant gang activity is not right at all.
Totally with you on this.... I know its a sad story about what was the end result and how inhuman was the killing. What led to it happening.... we have no idea and we are jumping to a conclusion without any background information, its a good thing we are not on any jury !!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post

exactly. some people see a hispanic name and immediately think illegal or immigrant. usually u hear people complaining that crimes only make big headlines when the victims are white and suspects are minorities... this guy is complaining of the opposite

Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
Reactions like this thread are why my immigrant grandparents refused to teach their children Italian

Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1. This story was in Newsday several days ago.

2. You have no evidence that those involved were illegal yet you automatically label them as such
The fact is there is alot of gang activity in Westbury, mainly MS-13 and Surenos. Look around and you'll see tags everywhere. Researching these gangs shows they are generally made up of illegals. The Westbury IN-ACTION party is totally oblivious to the growing problems here, despite all the signs. I cant believe Cavallaro got elected, but Strada and the In-Action party made threats to folks who got involved with the opposition, one lady I know got her brake line cut when she put up a sign for Joe Masiello.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyNYC View Post
He was not an immigrant, he was a US citizen and was a great kid. He was the nephew of a co-worker and friend of mine. He was not in a gang, he was a good kid.

Also, it was all over Newsday. The Newsday link is below.

I received an email from his uncle about the services, it's too late now but incase anyone is interested. Anything below here was sent to me in an email.

ZACK BRYAN ROSALES

Tonight we will be having a prayer vigil where Zack was attacked in front of 264 Nassau Street, Westbury NY 11590 at 7:00 PM sharp.
264 Nassau Street, Westbury NY 11590 - Google Maps

Wake will be Wednesday 8/12/09
Hempstead Funeral Home
89 Peninsula Blvd
Hempstead, NY 11550
516-481-7460
Viewing hours will be:
2:00 - 5:00 PM and 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Directions:
Google Maps

Funeral will be at 9:30 AM on Thursday 8/13/09
Our Lady of Loretto
104 Greenwich St
Hempstead, NY 11550-5692
(516) 483-3643
Directions:
Google Maps

Newsday article, they mispelled his name but it is still a good article.His name is ZACK BRYAN ROSALES‎

As family grieves, cops seek killer of Westbury teen
Very, very sad.
It may have had one story in Newsday, but somehow it doesn't get repeated attention like the Patchogue murder because IT WASN'T A HATE CRIME. Somehow it's not as newsworthy when a group of gangbangers kill somebody walking on the street, when the gangbangers are non-white. The young man was probably murdered as part of a gang initiation, this is the way MS-13 and Surenos operate. They run this village now, and the Mayor and the Village Board just have their head in the sand.
It could've been any one of us. I have to admit I'm afraid to walk around here at night because of the gangs that hang out on Post Ave.
It's getting worse. Our once prestigous NCPD seems to be running scared, even though they are SUPPOSED TO PROTECT US FROM THESE MONSTERS!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
exactly. some people see a hispanic name and immediately think illegal or immigrant. usually u hear people complaining that crimes only make big headlines when the victims are white and suspects are minorities... this guy is complaining of the opposite
http://www.voiac.org/
The facts are illegals cause alot of crime. Gang attacks in particular, MS-13 and Surenos are often made up of illegals. MS-13 got its start from El Salvadorian illegals that were deported.
WE HAVE A GANG PROBLEM IN WESTBURY. WE HAVE A GANG PROBLEM IN WESTBURY. But nobody is listening. All communities who have illegal aliens often are hotbeds of MS-13 and Surenos (among others like 18th street) gang activity. I'm really sick and tired of the apathy here and in this town. How many more ppl have to die before our overpaid cops actually get off their behinds and lock up these savages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island