Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 11:05 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,410,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No you actually raised the issue with the need to fight Green Energy in 116 to which I responded along with several other off topic issues.

But meanwhile back to the main focus of the thread, another insurrectionist from LI confesses but still believes in a stolen election.

https://www.longislandpress.com/2022...-admits-jan-6/
There's idiots on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2022, 11:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
That's a fact

Old 11-28-2022, 10:47 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,033,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
No it dosent mean "less votes" it means voting shouldn't be a "free for all" with minimal regulations. Voter ID isn't "suppression", regulating voter harvesting and mail in ballots isn't "supression" no matter how you try to twist it. NONE of the things above stops anyone from voting. Im sure you are among those that think Georgia's tightened voting regulations "suppressed" the vote yet the voting numbers were record there and democrat superstar Abrams still got walloped.

I never said he wouldn't run, (he obviously is) I'm saying if he is indicted his chances of winning a primary are slim to none. I know you will say "the trump cult will vote for him no matter what blah blah blah" his base is eroding daily, this isn't 2016 anymore the GOP is moving away from trump slowly even though I'm sure you are dying for him to stick around. I guess we will see.

That's not what you seemed to say at all, but...ok. The House will only vote on legislation it has the votes locked in to pass, so again the chances of a "flip" are slim to none. This is standard, Pelosi held back votes all the time she knew she couldn't pass because of a few rebel members of the squad etc. And even when the GOP does pass legislation (and it will) it will be symbolic because Schumer will never let it go to the floor for a vote in the senate. Welcome to divided government. The GOP wasn't given the majority to rubber stamp more of Biden's agenda.

There is nothing wrong with finding good in the bad going forward, I fully admit the red wave was a total dud, but in some areas and regions it was not. Abortion wasn't as big of an issue as you think it was, and will continue to fade as the years go by as everything does, as this country has an attention span of a 2 year old. Roe v Wade ended and life went on, the world didn't explode and become the handmaid's tale. Most states already have their abortion laws set, it's doubtful much will change, oh and what you call the "dark ages" millions call protecting unborn lives. Its a state issue now as it always should have been. The GOP underperformed this election largely because of Trump and a slate of awful candidates, plus a lot of other smaller factors there is no one thing. And in many of the races we lost, we BARELY did even with some very poor candidates on the ballot. If the country is so outraged over abortion, Trump, etc then why wasn't there a blue wave? Why did the GOP still win the house? Why didn't the Dems win 6-7 senate seats with a much more favorable map (you can't blame Gerrymandering on that one) and instead just barely held it?

And please, save it with your typical blowhard sanctimonious "I'm above all of this" crap. That's been your laughable schtick on this forum for years, yet each of your political holier than thou posts just show how much of a hypocrite you are, and no different from anyone else. Give it a rest Mikey.
All these years posting here and it's the consistent hit on me... don't we ALL take an "above it all" or "holier than thou" approach here? I mean isn't that why we all post here anonymously? I will tell you honestly that I don't feel either above it all or holier... I guess I just write that way when I'm trying to have some fun... you're well written and if you're stepping back you can easily see above and holier in your posts no? I mean come on and be serious... what's the fun in giving it a rest?

Voting is THE core tenant of democracy... your concerns with a "free for all" are rooted in your desire to win for your team... how you argue that "tightened voting regulations" doesn't disproportionately impact minorities is like crazy town... that was my main point about "suppression". There is ZERO evidence that any shenanigan's impacted any results, yet your entire thought process is based on an assumption that "ballots are harvested" or "mail in voting is bad"... you fall for this because you can't believe your team would lose otherwise, yet it's a proven fallacy. As far as voting goes we should be encouraging everyone to vote and we shouldn't be placing barriers... our elected officials should represent the people... I'm not saying this because I root for a team, I say this as a purist.

Let me be clear... I have no desire for 45 to stick around... my hope is that a better candidate emerges so I can happily cast a vote to someone I believe in. P.S. I highly doubt he will be indicted... but he needs to be a candidate so he can write off all his criminal behavior to "political attacks".

Mid terms are ALWAYS a big flip... the GOP should have easily won Congress by a substantial margin and taken a bunch more Govs... I offered my opinion that abortion was a big factor and you can dispute that... I never said it was everything, but it was big... and I'm stating now if we see more states enact oppressive laws on abortion, it's going to carry over into the 2024 election and it will have a substantial impact... RvW is not going away. As far as the candidates, I would agree... the 45 picked conspiracy theorists were shown the door, especially the state level AGs where it really mattered... if the GOP didn't continue to live in the past and hadn't overturned RvW, they would have cleaned house... literally... they would have taken the full Congress and rode it into a 2024 hug win... IMO it was a blue wave to stop that from happening, especially when you consider the history of midterms.

Check and balances are of utmost importance to keep this experiment going... I hope you realize that... I have no desire to see either of these crazy parties in full control.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:40 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
All these years posting here and it's the consistent hit on me... don't we ALL take an "above it all" or "holier than thou" approach here? I mean isn't that why we all post here anonymously? I will tell you honestly that I don't feel either above it all or holier... I guess I just write that way when I'm trying to have some fun... you're well written and if you're stepping back you can easily see above and holier in your posts no? I mean come on and be serious... what's the fun in giving it a rest?

Voting is THE core tenant of democracy... your concerns with a "free for all" are rooted in your desire to win for your team... how you argue that "tightened voting regulations" doesn't disproportionately impact minorities is like crazy town... that was my main point about "suppression". There is ZERO evidence that any shenanigan's impacted any results, yet your entire thought process is based on an assumption that "ballots are harvested" or "mail in voting is bad"... you fall for this because you can't believe your team would lose otherwise, yet it's a proven fallacy. As far as voting goes we should be encouraging everyone to vote and we shouldn't be placing barriers... our elected officials should represent the people... I'm not saying this because I root for a team, I say this as a purist.

Let me be clear... I have no desire for 45 to stick around... my hope is that a better candidate emerges so I can happily cast a vote to someone I believe in. P.S. I highly doubt he will be indicted... but he needs to be a candidate so he can write off all his criminal behavior to "political attacks".

Mid terms are ALWAYS a big flip... the GOP should have easily won Congress by a substantial margin and taken a bunch more Govs... I offered my opinion that abortion was a big factor and you can dispute that... I never said it was everything, but it was big... and I'm stating now if we see more states enact oppressive laws on abortion, it's going to carry over into the 2024 election and it will have a substantial impact... RvW is not going away. As far as the candidates, I would agree... the 45 picked conspiracy theorists were shown the door, especially the state level AGs where it really mattered... if the GOP didn't continue to live in the past and hadn't overturned RvW, they would have cleaned house... literally... they would have taken the full Congress and rode it into a 2024 hug win... IMO it was a blue wave to stop that from happening, especially when you consider the history of midterms.

Check and balances are of utmost importance to keep this experiment going... I hope you realize that... I have no desire to see either of these crazy parties in full control.

He’s getting indicted Mikey. There is a yet another special council now and they can easily charge him with mishandling of classified material. There is also always a chance the Atlanta DA will charge him with tampering with an election. He’s getting charged with something, take it to the bank.

Midterms are not “always” a big flip (although many were). 2002 is an example where GWB actually gained seats in his first midterm rather that lost some. FDR gained as well in his first midterm. There weee also many midterms Nixon, Kennedy to name 2 where the opposition party barely gained any seats at all. Regardles of history we are in new territory now, 2020 Biden won but lost seats in congress that rarely happens, 2016 also threw most historical voting conventions out the window. Personally IMO the GOP has been fighting to get RvW overturned for decades. They finally won, if this is the price they pay it was more than worth it.

As far as voting goes if you call asking for a simple ID or banning questionable practices like “ballot harvesting” “barriers to voting”, then I don’t know what to tell you. Most of the most liberal countries on the planet: Canada, France, etc require voter ID, don’t allow electronic counting and some don’t even allow absentees of any kind. It’s common sense to protect the integrity of our election system like most western democratic nations do.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
He’s getting indicted Mikey. There is a yet another special council now and they can easily charge him with mishandling of classified material. There is also always a chance the Atlanta DA will charge him with tampering with an election. He’s getting charged with something, take it to the bank.

Midterms are not “always” a big flip (although many were). 2002 is an example where GWB actually gained seats in his first midterm rather that lost some. FDR gained as well in his first midterm. There weee also many midterms Nixon, Kennedy to name 2 where the opposition party barely gained any seats at all. Regardles of history we are in new territory now, 2020 Biden won but lost seats in congress that rarely happens, 2016 also threw most historical voting conventions out the window. Personally IMO the GOP has been fighting to get RvW overturned for decades. They finally won, if this is the price they pay it was more than worth it.

As far as voting goes if you call asking for a simple ID or banning questionable practices like “ballot harvesting” “barriers to voting”, then I don’t know what to tell you. Most of the most liberal countries on the planet: Canada, France, etc require voter ID, don’t allow electronic counting and some don’t even allow absentees of any kind. It’s common sense to protect the integrity of our election system like most western democratic nations do.
I honestly hope he does get indicted because he deserves it... he's a menace... the irony of running and winning in 2016 on "Lock her up" chants is so hilarious... dripping with irony... they're all crooks, but winners don't get caught.

NY had huge pockets of more Red this election and that surprised me... no doubt the worm is turning... just don't lose sight on the shifting demos of the US because it matters. It's funny, but in some circles it's thought that 45 was funded so heavily to win by anti-RvW elites... so you're right, they more than got what they paid for... locked up the court that matters... that said, it will drag like a ball and chain during election time. I know you don't necessarily agree with that, but I think it will matter even into 2024.

IDs to vote is not the issue and I think you know that... if they would just introduce legislation that covers that an ID is required and provide funds to offer the ID free in need based situations (i.e. DMV), I don't think you'd get many people arguing it... it's the rest of it that gets tacked on to the proposed laws. Things like the closing of voting locations, the voodoo around mail-in ballots... none of that goes away when you get an ID law passed... absentee voting is reality for so many people in this country... kids at college, seniors, military, contract workers who travel, the list goes on... the more people that vote, the better.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:48 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,667,809 times
Quote:
I honestly hope he does get indicted because he deserves it
Wow. Nothing like spite to drive the legal system!

Even if he is indicted it will be a softball indictment, no nuclear codes, no exposing of deep cover agents, no classified documents (as we would use the word). He will be indicted for not following the Presidential Records Act of 1978. Whoopee!

Read this WaPo report from a couple of weeks back. It's obvious the FBI is bringing the expectations down from boil to a simmer.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ago-documents/

Old 11-29-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post

Even if he is indicted it will be a softball indictment, no nuclear codes, no exposing of deep cover agents, no classified documents (as we would use the word). He will be indicted for not following the Presidential Records Act of 1978. Whoopee!

Read this WaPo report from a couple of weeks back. It's obvious the FBI is bringing the expectations down from boil to a simmer.
Agreed. It’s still and indictment though which will more than likely force him to go to trial and mount a legal defense which will seriously hamper his ability to run in 2024.

Old 11-30-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post

I mean seriously, are you surprised that spite drives the legal system? Look at history... and frankly, I wasn't thinking spite when I stated that, more like hilarious irony like I mentioned... the fact that he won on "Lock her up" chants and making fun of people who plead the 5th, etc... now he faces it and gets a nice dose of a crapsamwich... even if it's a softball indictment... he deserves something to shut his whiney mouth... although the screeching will be epic... always crying about how he's a victim and it's unfair... blah blah blah... I can't even imagine how the worshippers see him as "strong"... I mean he's the exact opposite.

and to be clear, I'm under no illusion... they are all crooked to some degree... just some handle it better when they are exposed... he may actually be near the top of worst whiners in history when he's exposed for what he is.

The tax records leaking soon will be the best... so rich and claiming huge losses every year to dodge taxes... what a poser.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I mean seriously, are you surprised that spite drives the legal system? Look at history... and frankly, I wasn't thinking spite when I stated that, more like hilarious irony like I mentioned... the fact that he won on "Lock her up" chants and making fun of people who plead the 5th, etc... now he faces it and gets a nice dose of a crapsamwich... even if it's a softball indictment... he deserves something to shut his whiney mouth... although the screeching will be epic... always crying about how he's a victim and it's unfair... blah blah blah... I can't even imagine how the worshippers see him as "strong"... I mean he's the exact opposite.

and to be clear, I'm under no illusion... they are all crooked to some degree... just some handle it better when they are exposed... he may actually be near the top of worst whiners in history when he's exposed for what he is.

The tax records leaking soon will be the best... so rich and claiming huge losses every year to dodge taxes... what a poser.
Good portions of his returns have been available for some time. It was standard rich person tax avoidance stuff. A big yawn. I think the left thought there would be a write off “check payable to Vladimir Putin” or such nonsense.

Old 01-03-2023, 09:53 AM

5 posts, read 2,257 times
Default Conspiricists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
[URL="https://theisland360.com/featured/east-williston-lawyer-former-school-board-member-charged-in-jan-6-insurrection/"]East Williston lawyer, former school board member charged in Jan. 6 insurrection - Island 360[/URL]
None of the Jan. 6th tourists have been charged with insurection . They were not conspiracists because they did not plan the trespassing , were not aware of any alleged planning , and were simply over-spirited concerned citizen tourists who were there in DC to protest theft of the 2020 general election . They were led into the capital by certain persons such as John Sullivan of the BLM , a CNN reporter who wore Trump paraphenelia , maga hats, etc. and by Ray Epps , of the FBI who is on video urging invasion of the capital , and by Capital Police who waved the tourists in and who guided them on their walk through the capital . And all of this was made possible by Speaker Pelosi who declined Trump's offer of 10,000 to 20,000 troops to protect the capital against any possible rioting .
Speaker Pelosi and the rest of the Democrats kept the Capital closed to the American people right up until today .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island