Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 07:28 AM

57,380 posts, read 26,556,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
You are the one that brought it up. SMH
Go see post #124
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 08:57 AM

5,327 posts, read 4,839,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Go see post #124
I stand corrected. That being said, as others have said this thread has gone totally off the rails.

Old 11-18-2022, 10:02 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,725,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Go see post #124
It's actually post #123
"Climate change is real"

Old 11-18-2022, 10:07 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,725,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Geeeez. Climate change? Masks? What's next Roe V Wade? I thought this thread was about 1/6? It's about half the country wanting an end to democracy as long as they are the Junta on charge.
All of the topics you list all basically have the same origin of contention - half the population interpret hyperbole as fact.

Old 11-18-2022, 10:36 AM

5,327 posts, read 4,839,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
It's actually post #123
"Climate change is real"
LOL touche

Old 11-19-2022, 03:47 PM

8,515 posts, read 3,805,385 times
Quote:
All of the topics you list all basically have the same origin of contention - half the population interpret hyperbole as fact.
Well we can just sit here and do nothing right? COVID was just hyperbole until people you know die. Sometimes you have to speak out against false narratives.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:36 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,442,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Well we can just sit here and do nothing right? COVID was just hyperbole until people you know die. Sometimes you have to speak out against false narratives.
Hyperbole? Absolutely not, but definitely handled poorly. The shutdown NEVER should have happened, the ventilators NEVER should have been used. The US f'd up COVID. Actually the whole world did.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:44 PM

8,515 posts, read 3,805,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Hyperbole? Absolutely not, but definitely handled poorly. The shutdown NEVER should have happened, the ventilators NEVER should have been used. The US f'd up COVID. Actually the whole world did.
I'm not a doctor. I can't make those recommendations. All i can say is that there are things that shouldn't be used for political gain and a pandemic is one of them.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:12 PM

13,078 posts, read 18,380,774 times
If you ask anyone in a position of authority if they had an opportunity for a redo in a certain situation, the answer would always be “of course”. Inasmuch, as the pandemic was a new and unique situation for all, including both parties, I believe it now needs to be viewed through the lens of a “ best efforts “ given the situation. I understand this may sound callous and dismissive of all those who lost family members and that is certainly not my intention. I say this as someone who lost 2 of my cousins to this virus and in both cases they went from the hospital to the funeral director to burial with no chance for their family members to say goodbye. So I certainly am not cavalier in my thinking.
I do, however, think that we need to put the perspective of distance into the equation. Hindsight is 20-20 and we know more now than we did in 2020 or 2021. We may or may not have done something’s right or wrong but I personally choose to believe that we really had no blueprint for this and therefore we did what we thought was right. Could we have done better? Apparently so, but the only way we learn is to fail and try something else.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:04 AM

57,380 posts, read 26,556,466 times
Quote:
It's actually post #123
"Climate change is real"

No you actually raised the issue with the need to fight Green Energy in 116 to which I responded along with several other off topic issues.

Quote:
Yep, came into the 2020 election with 199 the Repubs will end up with about 227. More than enough to prevent another green initiative.

But meanwhile back to the main focus of the thread, another insurrectionist from LI confesses but still believes in a stolen election.

Quote:
A New Hyde Park man has admitted to storming the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021 riots while trying to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden as winner of the presidential election.

Eric Gerwatowski, 32, pleaded guilty Tuesday at District of Columbia federal court to interfering with law enforcement officers during a civil disorder, a felony.

“The commies are trying to steal the country,” he said while being interviewed on camera stating, among other things, that he believed the election was stolen, according to investigators.

https://www.longislandpress.com/2022...-admits-jan-6/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island