Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 12:51 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times

Advertisements

full mask is a life saver when you need it. Its function over vanity. You can get half the face or full face. You don't need to ski or own a snow blower.

I prefer the extreme cold over the extreme heat. With the cold, I can always wear more clothes. With the heat, I can't shed anymore.

To the person here who mentioned Hawaii, ever been there during the summer? Its unbearable....almost disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 03:55 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times
I once said cold over heat also, but as I've aged, I'm changing my mind.

It's also all the sickness going on. Who needs it? Certainly not this household... so over it.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:14 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Do those things even have DTC/DSC? Waste if you're in a #redneckmobile if you ask me. What would be the point of the V8 then?!
Not my old gal. I went for an older(ish) truck this time around.
Less trouble. I’m not a fan of the new computer high tech crap.
This truck survived Sandy. My brand new(at the time) did not.
Sometimes less is more.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:35 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Pull the spark plug and clean it, make sure gas is fresh.
I always keep my gas fresh by buying non-expired chili.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:01 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
What annoyed me was when I got home, the plows came through again and made it impossible for me to get into my driveway! I had to leave my car in street, get the shovel and chop away at the mound of snow and ice at the end of my driveway. I was frozen, my hands and feet were numb. Meanwhile I had everything all nice and cleared the night before by snow removal company. Has any one ever complained about this to the town? I live in Islip. I live on a corner so maybe I am out of luck?

Old 01-06-2018, 06:49 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
What annoyed me was when I got home, the plows came through again and made it impossible for me to get into my driveway! I had to leave my car in street, get the shovel and chop away at the mound of snow and ice at the end of my driveway. I was frozen, my hands and feet were numb. Meanwhile I had everything all nice and cleared the night before by snow removal company. Has any one ever complained about this to the town? I live in Islip. I live on a corner so maybe I am out of luck?

I'm not trying to be snarky but what do you want them to do,lift their blade at every driveway? Dealing with the plow is part and parcel of winter.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:30 PM

282 posts, read 247,783 times
I'm sick of the lack of "snow etiquette" being displayed during this recent storm.
Why is it that people dispose of the snow on their property by snow blowing it onto yours? How is that Okay? Not to mention those who don't abide by any of the town requests to move vehicles into your driveway so the plows can come through. Same folks hired a company to dig out their THREE encapsulated vehicles by having the snow blown into and across the street at our already cleared vehicle. RUDE.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:04 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,333,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Lol,
This is the single most pet peeve of mine during the cleanup.
I almost thought the plow guys took vicarious pleasure in pushing that hard rock to fill up my driveway lip.... hated it so much because some neighbors would be not that bad..... why me ?????

I "know" exactly what you mean.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:26 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,223,723 times
Lubs, love ya, but...deal with it. Plow drivers have a route and a timeline they need to follow. Their concern is the roadway, not our driveway entrances unfortunately. They're not out to ********* and they're not out to be malicious.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:56 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Overcrowded burbs.
Too many people, tight quarters, and too much snow don’t mix.
That’s what you get.
Don’t even get me started on the drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island