Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 02:25 PM

16 posts, read 127,277 times

Advertisements

we just got out of contract on a very very shady deal!!!! were can i post the brokers info.? i wasn't sure if i could do it here. plus they re listed on mls and i really don't want anyone else to have to deal with the garbage we did. lets just say we were clear to close with the mortgage. were approved for home insurance but when it came time to get title insurance no company would touch us. found out it was due to the sellers broker providing fraudulent documents. any info would be great!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,765,315 times
I can't think of any documents that the seller's broker could provide that would affect title. Usually, such items come from the seller himself or from the seller's attorney. Could you be a little more specific?

If you think that the broker acted in an unethical manner you could file a complaint with Long Island Board of Realtors (631-661-4800) or New York State Department of State (518-474-4429)

Old 03-17-2008, 03:17 PM

8,818 posts, read 21,290,844 times
we just got out of contract on a very very shady deal!!!! were can i post the brokers info.? i wasn't sure if i could do it here. plus they re listed on mls and i really don't want anyone else to have to deal with the garbage.

No, Sorry. For legal reasons, you can not post that information here, but anyone may PM you if they are interested.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-17-2008, 03:25 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,548,591 times
Contact the Dept of State ASAP.............I'm happy you did not get burned. Where was your attorney?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:06 PM

it was a short sale with an estate involved. the estate tuns out was from another real estate company. the seller who is in jail "signed" a power of attorney which would allow the estate to sell. turns out the poa had signatures that did not match and one had a totally differnt name. oh and it was "notarized" with no date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I can't think of any documents that the seller's broker could provide that would affect title. Usually, such items come from the seller himself or from the seller's attorney. Could you be a little more specific?

If you think that the broker acted in an unethical manner you could file a complaint with Long Island Board of Realtors (631-661-4800) or New York State Department of State (518-474-4429)

Old 03-18-2008, 12:09 PM

our attorney was there from the start. he wanted us to pull out of the deal before we couldnt get the title insurance. he smelled trouble from the start!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
Contact the Dept of State ASAP.............I'm happy you did not get burned. Where was your attorney?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:55 PM

244 posts, read 669,557 times
I would suggest you post the MLS# here and other sites so others don't get taken

Old 03-18-2008, 06:23 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,765,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalind_75 View Post
it was a short sale with an estate involved. the estate tuns out was from another real estate company. the seller who is in jail "signed" a power of attorney which would allow the estate to sell. turns out the poa had signatures that did not match and one had a totally differnt name. oh and it was "notarized" with no date.
What was the broker's involvement in this fraud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island