Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 11:24 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,667,809 times

Advertisements

The video looks pretty damaging to me. I counted ten times the cop either kneed or kicked the kid and at least ten times he hit the kid with his hand, can't tell if he slapped or punched him. Also, can't see what the other cop is doing.

Either way this goes this is not good policing. That cop obviously has some anger and violence issues and does not belong on the street.

Also, the cop obviously didn't think the kid was going for a gun as he did not approach the passenger side door with his gun drawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 12:06 PM

1,101 posts, read 2,736,761 times
For those of you who are from out of town, we pay the cops by the punch. That's how some Average Joes on the beat make $200K-$300K a year.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,667,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander2 View Post
For those of you who are from out of town, we pay the cops by the punch. That's how some Average Joes on the beat make $200K-$300K a year.
I vote you for best post of the day!

Old 05-09-2014, 01:39 PM

194 posts, read 425,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
You said in your first post you only associate with law abiding citizens, but then claim your friends got tickets for open containers. Something fishy is going on here...

yeah, yeah

...well guess I meant appearance tickets & minor infractions - NOT people who commit misdemeanors & felonies.
You know, stuff that GETS YOU ARRESTED.

By your definition if I get at traffic summons or jaywalking ticket I shouldn't consider myself "law abiding".

Technically, you are correct, so - GUILTY AS CHARGED!
AHHHHH!

Old 05-09-2014, 01:46 PM

321 posts, read 596,218 times
This lawsuit is baseless nonsense. I completely support the two cops and their treatment of this bad guy.

In regards to the drunk cop who shot the cabbie, good riddance. They should have fired him a long time ago.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:09 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post
This lawsuit is baseless nonsense. I completely support the two cops and their treatment of this bad guy.

In regards to the drunk cop who shot the cabbie, good riddance. They should have fired him a long time ago.
..and he should be in the slammer.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,325,464 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me? Police are not supposed to beat up suspects, they are supposed to restrain them. The video CLEARLY shows one of the officers kicking the suspect from the passenger side. Even if he was trying to hide drugs, restraint and placing the suspect in handcuffs is the best way for that. The suspect did not appear to be acting in a violent matter. That spot, Union & Covert st (in NEW CASSEL) is a dangerous corner, there's always gangbangers loitering around there, too bad the police don't seem to do anything about that.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:01 PM

321 posts, read 596,218 times
John do you have any experience "restraining" a resisting subject?

You think arresting drug dealers is ignoring the problems in the area?

What did you want them to do, verbal judo?

Old 05-10-2014, 07:28 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,410,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
he should be beaten harder
I agree. Pos.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:48 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,325,464 times
Quote:
John do you have any experience "restraining" a resisting subject?

You think arresting drug dealers is ignoring the problems in the area?

What did you want them to do, verbal judo?
Doesn't NCPD have tasers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island