Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 04:58 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,306,468 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to move into the Harborfields district. My daughter will be starting Kindergarten in September and I know they only offer a 1/2 day kindergarten program. I had heard that there are some day schools that will pick the children up from Harborfields after the morning kindergarten program and bring them to their facility. My husband and I both work and are looking for a place for my son to go to as well. He will be turning 3 then. Any suggestions and information about programs and places would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 05:09 PM

20 posts, read 102,283 times
I believe you can get bus service to any facility as long as it is in the district. I have heard good things about Treasure Cove, it's right in the middle of town. My kids are older but you will definitely love the Harborfields district overall.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Thank you for the reply. Treasure Cove was the center I had heard about. Does anyone know anything about it?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:39 AM
VTP

200 posts, read 957,419 times
Have heard some general positives about Treasure Cove but nothing more. There is another place, Little Friends Nursery School, that provides the same service- bus pickup/drop-off to and from Washington Drive Primary School (and also the older schools), plus daycare for the remainder of the day, from 6:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. It's on Centerport Road in Greenlawn, right near the Centerport border. It's no frills, but the price is right. There are many other nursery schools in the area (Centerport Methodist is probably the most highly regarded, followed by KinderClub, also in Centerport), but these don't cater to working parents and offer only a 2 or 3 hour session, for which the child needs to be picked up/dropped off by the parent. Noah's Ark in Centerport offers the same. For the summer, many Harborfields children are enrolled in the very highly regarded Camp Alvernia in Centerport, which just recently announced that it will institute before and after care for the first time this summer. Registration for that is coming up very soon, possibly in the next few days or weeks, and if you don't get in then, you won't get in at all, because it closes out very quickly. It's a wonderful school district.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Don't know if you're interested, but on Wednesday, November 7th from 7-9pm, the Harborfields Library will be hosting a "Nursery School Fair" with reps from many different schools in the area (adults only.) It's open to all, not just HF residents.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Thank you all for your responses...I will definitely attend the Nursery School Fair...

Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 8,385 times
My daughter attended Kinder Club down in Centerport for three years. They have a wonderful program for 1/2 day kindergarten, very nature based, lots of science and music. She currently goes to Little Friends Nursery School in Greenlawn. You can even drop your child off in the morning and the bus can pick them up from there and they are open until 6 I believe. Also check the SCOPE program through WDPS they offer before and after school care through the school. Also go to the library and they have a packet which lists all the daycare and nursery schools in the area with all the appropriate information.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:07 AM

35 posts, read 185,626 times
I was wondering if the previous posts are still accurate. My family and I are moving to Cenetrport this summer. I have a rising Kindergardener and a rising first grader. My husband and I both work and need to leave the house by 7AM the latest. I understand that Kindergarten is half day and will need care for my boys before, during and after school with transportation. Any suggestions would be VERY helpful!
Thankx in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island