Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:06 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,339,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Flat rate will not work but a $50 minimum charge for everyone except mororcycles might. If they have a small tank they should bring a gas can to help a neighbor not have to wait in line.
I meant the same thing, flat = minimum = maximum.
Yeah, I think it will not work for motor cycles but I guess we can come up with some number for them too.

BTW... Empire on Vets highway near Macarthur airport had just 12 cars in line at 9 am.
Yesterdays line was crazier because people are nuts... they wanted to fill up just before the even/odd thing goes into effect.... jeez !

I agree with everyone else though that the distribution is way lagging behind as far as LI is concerned. I know people will forget this and move on, but for a few who are on the fence.... "If you can't make it here, you should probably leave." just might have changed into "You should probably leave." !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,975 times
There are still simple fixes that have become huge problems that FEMA cant get their head around. Gas lines are miles long & 80% of gas stations are out of service. This is the recovery choke point every-time there is a disaster & FEMA still can't think outside the box. All FEMA needs is to invest in portable gas pumps that connect to tankers after a disaster. These can be pre-staged outside the disaster area, brought in afterwords & setup in any available parking lot or existing station turning it into a temporary gas station. Temporary fueling stations are critical to search, rescue & recovery after disaster to fill gas cans for chainsaws, road clearing equipment, search & rescue vehicles, generators, heaters, cars, trucks, boats, etc.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Saw several stations with no lines this morning. My wife just filled up in Nassau, said there was no wait at all.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM

629 posts, read 1,701,726 times
Waited on line for 5 mins this morning on the North Fork - line was shorter than post-hurricane for the station I was at.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 AM

840 posts, read 2,447,239 times
waited an hour but no premium

Old 11-09-2012, 03:11 PM

106,750 posts, read 108,973,015 times
a whole lot less people are driving and thats been cutting the lines dow. i couldnt believe rush hour friday night on a friday. it looked like the wee hours of the morning.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM

7 posts, read 8,529 times
Oh yeah!
What a great solution ...odd and even numbers ..and lets play musical chairs..
Listen..You friggin douchebags.
This aint Haiti...Its the USA..
I wanna see battleships and helicopters and marines bringing fuel to us right now!!
Fix it and do it right now!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:16 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,819 times
Yeah....because its cutting down on my roadraging too.

Saw only very small lines at stations on Sunrise this evening.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM

852 posts, read 1,444,051 times
Funny how so many folk cry BIG GOVERNMENT all the time, but the moment some tragedy like Sandy strikes, those same people cry for our elected officials to have government come in and give help (ie. FEMA) and impose new laws (ie. Odd/Even gas rationing). Curious how it's not BIG GOVERNMENT when it suits them.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:29 PM

7 posts, read 8,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Yeah....because its cutting down on my roadraging too.

Saw only very small lines at stations on Sunrise this evening.
How very understanding you are...
But....Im not.
I pay tons of taxes as many of us do....
Fix the problem right now...

I wanna see immediate results right now ...and I dont wanna hear any excuses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island