Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 AM

991 posts, read 4,617,562 times

Advertisements

I was trying to sell my house, now I will rent it to someone. I have the worst neighbors in the world, the family next door talks to noone on the block. My neighbor behind us never mows the lawn and has garbage all over the yard. Then the guy next to me has cursed at me threatened me, and the other day spit at me and my three year old son. Cars pass my handicapped daughters schoool bus, kids rome the streets at the age of 11 at 11 pm at night. I hate it, it really is the worst.

On the other hand I lived in Centereach for 3 years and had the best neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 11:58 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
You know what, clamboy. I am betting that you are here this time next year & not on the Connecticut site under the thread :Anybody move to Connecticut and wish they hadn't ?

Thats funny
Thanks Nancy.
We'll see.
C

Old 08-26-2007, 03:36 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,923 times
I was trying to sell my house, now I will rent it to someone. I have the worst neighbors in the world, the family next door talks to noone on the block. My neighbor behind us never mows the lawn and has garbage all over the yard. Then the guy next to me has cursed at me threatened me, and the other day spit at me and my three year old son. Cars pass my handicapped daughters schoool bus, kids rome the streets at the age of 11 at 11 pm at night. I hate it, it really is the worst.

On the other hand I lived in Centereach for 3 years and had the best neighbors.[/quote]

That's what really makes me crazy... how so many people actually go out of their way to be miserable b..tards! Life is too short to spend so much energy being a jerk! I told my wife that before we move again, we will do everything possible to find out about our future neighbors. If the seller can't introduce a next door neighbor as a friend, I want to know why. People get so wrapped up in the condition of a house they want to buy, and rightfully so. But the nicest house on the block will just be a prison if your neighbors are bad people. You can always fix up a house... you can't make a silk purse out of a sows' ear if your neighbors are pigs. Good luck Mom.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post

On the other hand I lived in Centereach for 3 years and had the best neighbors.
That sucks are you still on LI?

C

Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM

yes,I am seeking a rental avenue for my house at this time, what I mentioned is the tip of the ice burg. The neighbor who curses at me has a son who is 11, he called my handicapped daughter to the fence one day and through a water balloon at her face. He places CD's with profanity in them at the top of the volume while my children are playing outside. He runs after my car giving me the finger and calling me every female negative name in the book. My neighbors in Centereach were the best people in the world, had to move to take care of my Mom who was terminally ill at the time. I would rather rent a house for the rest of my life in another state or area or until the market changes and I can sell this. The shame is my house is beautiful.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:12 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,484 times
Quote:
yes,I am seeking a rental avenue for my house at this time, what I mentioned is the tip of the ice burg. The neighbor who curses at me has a son who is 11, he called my handicapped daughter to the fence one day and through a water balloon at her face. He places CD's with profanity in them at the top of the volume while my children are playing outside. He runs after my car giving me the finger and calling me every female negative name in the book. My neighbors in Centereach were the best people in the world, had to move to take care of my Mom who was terminally ill at the time. I would rather rent a house for the rest of my life in another state or area or until the market changes and I can sell this. The shame is my house is beautiful.
What town do you live in? that is horrable.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:16 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
Yes. Where is that ? It sounds like a terrible place.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 PM

I am in Patchogue, on a cul de sac. We bought here because the schools are excellent for special education which my daughter needs. People put Centereach down and I know it is not the best but it is a hell of a lot better than here.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:09 PM

Patchogue has really gone down hill.
it was a beautiful place to live in the 70s
Main St was the Shopping hub of Suffolk

Its a shame they moved in all the Section 8.
They never could get it out.

I hope they get it back on track.
Patchogue has tremendous potential.

C

Old 08-26-2007, 06:53 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,923 times
Quote:
I am in Patchogue, on a cul de sac. We bought here because the schools are excellent for special education which my daughter needs. People put Centereach down and I know it is not the best but it is a hell of a lot better than here.

How bout you give us his address and we all take turns egging his damn house! (I really would have no guilt doing this).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island