Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 10:47 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooncat View Post
There is also a large number of senior citizens living there. My aunt lived for a few years before she died.
One of my grandmother's friends has an apartment there and has been there for years.

Now it's called North Shore Towers & Country Club, as they are looking for "new blood" and people who are willing/able to afford the maintenance fees on top of the apartments. The maintenance fees are not in the typical "senior citizen" affordable realm, so the old people that remain are wealthy. A lot of it has been updated considering the tennis, golf, fitness club, etc., but the individual apartments may not be because old people who have been there since its inception (1975) may have left things the same instead of fixing them up. I would say if you want an apartment there that has not been renovated, drive a very hard bargain, especially if its an estate sale.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 02:44 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool0890 View Post
Looking to buy a codo co-op near Nassau? Queens border and have always been interested in the 3 high rise bldgs by the GCP.

I understand the following:

* One indoor parking spot per unit
* Maintenance depends on unit size but includes RE tax ( as do all co-ops)
* they have their own electric plant so I would guess very low electric costs
* heat/hot water & electric included in maintenence fee
* 24 hr security, door man each bldg
* They have an enclosed self contained shopping area with its own movie theather

* Buildings are built on one of the highest points of Queens?LI so views from even lower units are great

Anyone have any first hand knowledge about living there?

Thanks
Seems unnecessary and ridiculous.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:50 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Seems unnecessary and ridiculous.
Why? In the winter especially, that can come in handy.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Why? In the winter especially, that can come in handy.
So you have to get in your car and drive somewhere...boo hoo.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
People who do NOT live there ARE allowed to go to the North Shore Towers movie theater by the way. Check out their website...
NYC Gated Community I Queens Gated Community I Long Island Gated Community

Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,661 times
The penthouse unit just came on the market at $1,600,000.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
So you have to get in your car and drive somewhere...boo hoo.
And if you have the option of not having to drive, and having an underground concourse when you can do most of your shopping, why not take it? Life's all about being as comfortable as possible. Who needs extra aggravation.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
And if you have the option of not having to drive, and having an underground concourse when you can do most of your shopping, why not take it? Life's all about being as comfortable as possible. Who needs extra aggravation.
B/c it's a freakin' expensive place to live where you can get just as nice of place for less $$. It doesn't make financial sense really unless you have craploads of money to throw around.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
B/c it's a freakin' expensive place to live where you can get just as nice of place for less $$. It doesn't make financial sense really unless you have craploads of money to throw around.
I completely agree!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Where else on Long Island can you live in/own a full service high-rise apartment? I don't know of any other complex on the Island like this. If high-rise apartment living is your fancy, and you want to do it on Long Island, then this is the premier option IMO. And who are we to judge another's financial sense? It's their money, and they earned it legally, let them do what they want. Like I said, if I had the money, I would strongly consider it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island