Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 02:39 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
what? Have you seen all the youtube videos of the NYC subways and its clientele?
Get off your computer and start experiencing real life, not those distorted views you seeon youtube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I actually find the subway cleaner and more civil than the LIRR.
When the cars reaches the end of the line they have maintenance clean them down with hot bleach water before they go out for their next run. My gf now lives on the end of the 6 train and I watch them do it in every car. When I take the Ronkonkoma train often times I have seen yesterday's newspapers on the floor.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
2 things made me think of this thread again in the last hour...

- my wife comes home after her usual commute... kids are pushing her to go downstairs... she comments "what is this, the subway?" I kid you not.

- and this just in: NYC Subway Flasher Caught in the Act - ABC News

Talk about living in a bubble. You are talking about NYC. The place is legendary, not the people... make no mistake.
You have got to be kidding. It's the people that make a place.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Well I once filmed a packed train on Halloween back in 2008, people were standing yet they had cars closed off so some off-duty crew could get some alone time.
I still havent heard the end of it. I still get belittled over the video by various crew and sometimes even threatened "I Better not see that camera".
Apparently they hate me because the crew of that train got in trouble. What, they think its OK to close off a car for themselves when fare paying riders have to stand?
Because of the video, the practice of closing off cars on crowded trains doesnt happen anymore.
I don't believe you. Prove this!

Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Well you dont take the weekend Huntington trains do you? Or off peak in the evenings heading to the city? Coming back from Suffolk, we start picking up FAT girls dressed like Prostitutes, usually at Huntington or Syosset. They are completely slizzard (like a G6).
ROFLMAO! Now this I believe.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Haha , i can't stop laughing after reading this thread.....the LIRR sounds like its collapsing in both the service and social aspect..... I'm so glad NJT treats us with respect , quiet cars , wifi at select stations , all stations big and small have heated or air conditioned waiting rooms , where getting wifi on the trains and some stations are getting fast food joints. By the end of the decade we might get cafe cars , so take that LIRR....we also have 130mph express trains......vs. your whimpy 90mph express trains...
Both Metro North and NJT seem to be better runned outfits than the LIRR. They are also better comparisons than comparing a suburban commuter rail to a city subway system.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
G6's aren't slizzard. They're fly, get it, because they're airplanes. Anyway if they are slizzared then that means they're drinking codiene and that just adds to our exploding opiate problem on the island.

For the record some things I have seen on the NYC subway which I take everyday that I have not witnessed on the LIRR.

1. A homeless person urinating in the corner of the car.

2. Human feces on the platform.

3. Bum fights.

4. Regular old fist fights between drunks.

5. A woman taking off her one of her high heels to attack a man she thought was touching himself.

.......and the list goes on and on I could be here all morning with this stuff, fact of the matter is LIRR is much cleaner, less smelly and with less unruly clientel (excluding the vomit comit) than the subway.
Wow! That's weird. I've never seen that on the subway especially w/ the large police presence. However, I've seen all that happen on a train or at a station on the LIRR plus I've seen two men having oral sex on a train to Montauk and some crackheads smoking crack at Ronkonkoma. I've never seen any of that on the subway but I have seen homeless people begging for money and sleeping on the subway trains. I agree that there is a BO problem on a hot summer rush hour subway car.

BTW, I've never seen on either systems a woman attacking someone with her shoe but I can see a New Yorker doing that. Also, the rats must be commuting because I have seen them at Port jeff, Stony Brook, Mastic-Shirley and the worse Ronkonkoma.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Wow! That's weird. I've never seen that on the subway especially w/ the large police presence. However, I've seen all that happen on a train or at a station on the LIRR plus I've seen two men having oral sex on a train to Montauk and some crackheads smoking crack at Ronkonkoma. I've never seen any of that on the subway but I have seen homeless people begging for money and sleeping on the subway trains. I agree that there is a BO problem on a hot summer rush hour subway car.

BTW, I've never seen on either systems a woman attacking someone with her shoe but I can see a New Yorker doing that. Also, the rats must be commuting because I have seen them at Port jeff, Stony Brook, Mastic-Shirley and the worse Ronkonkoma.
Where is there a large police presence? Not at the 34th street station of the NRW, nor the 59st station of the NRW, nor the 95th st Bay Ridge station which is where I've seen all of this. I've seen a guy and a girl clearly shooting up on the R to Brooklyn.

I used to live in Mastic Shirley and never saw a single rat, and a "BO problem" is putting it mildly. Month old urine, hot garbage.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:28 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,878,593 times
Quote:
Get off your computer and start experiencing real life, not those distorted views you seeon youtube.
yes because youtube only shows fictional characters.

...or because it proof-positively shows everything in 1 place.

Quote:
You have got to be kidding. It's the people that make a place.
yeah, I'm kidding... tourists from all over the world only come to see the bums, panhandlers, and the mentally unstable. +1

Old 11-26-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:

yeah, I'm kidding... tourists from all over the world only come to see the bums, panhandlers, and the mentally unstable. +1
Sad to say that is a part of large city life but if you think NYC is bad visit San Fran. or Eureka, CA. w/ the liberals, homeless advocates and warm weather the homeless have taken over their streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island