Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:53 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,772,022 times

Advertisements

What is Bravo supermarket? Is it like Compare? The only supermaket that I'm aware of coming to the PJS area is Uncle Giuseppee's (sp). Sorry I'm not Italian. How do you spell it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:22 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,013 times
WOW...PtJeff Village is a terrible place to live...I would love to live in your "ghetto"

Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 AM

8 posts, read 23,731 times
"If you need to get a soda, go to the 7-11 up the street, where you can strike up interesting conversation with the 10-15 alcoholics/addicts who openly live in the overgrown lot right next door. If you want the real dirt on this town, talk to the local gas station attendants. I'm not kidding. These are hard working people who come here from the middle east and are absolutely in shock at what U.S citizens get away with."

Was there yesterday and saw them in the lot. I wouldn't call them dangerous but I wouldn't want may kids passing through the area...

Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM

732 posts, read 1,735,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
WOW...PtJeff Village is a terrible place to live...I would love to live in your "ghetto"
They saw an ethnic person that isn't rich or smart, they're scared now.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,772,022 times
Darker skin people are scary. They just don't have the upstanding values and morale system that people from European and Israeli descent have. Case in point, blacks have been living here for centuries and they still don't get it.. Look at Gordon Heights, Roosevelt or Wyandanch. Are these towns typical of Long Island? Remember Roosevelt in the 50's was a nice town just like PJS. Stop the trend!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:43 PM

26 posts, read 72,635 times
No, its just the hip hop culture that is more suited for african/ hispanic than white even though many whites listen to hiphop. Its the influence of music and what looks cool.

THIS IS PJS AT COMSEWOGUE:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
from my little cousins facebook

Last edited by jesserello2; 06-30-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Old 07-01-2010, 08:14 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,736,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Darker skin people are scary. They just don't have the upstanding values and morale system that people from European and Israeli descent have. Case in point, blacks have been living here for centuries and they still don't get it.. Look at Gordon Heights, Roosevelt or Wyandanch. Are these towns typical of Long Island? Remember Roosevelt in the 50's was a nice town just like PJS. Stop the trend!
Yes, Roosevelt was a nice town. Is it the fault of the handful of African American people who initially moved there for a better life, or the fault of the whites who fled?

No one is leaving PJV anytime soon. People are seeing an issue, a constable even admitted it to me himself. If PJV's mayor and board allow this to continue unchecked, it will eventually impact tourism and QOL. If/when property crimes and assaults (outside of the bar fight nonsense) start to increase, homes will start going up for sale.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:48 AM

556 posts, read 1,446,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Sassberto,

I agree with you, we parents NEED to run them out. I have tried with the PTA, or lunches with the women, etc. I swear, it is like dealing with Stepfords here. Yes, a few of them have noticed it (they are the ones who moved here like me, not born and raised--usually a cop's wife or the like), but the rest are like, "Reallllly? Hmmm." That's it. They then move onto how great our schools are and how small the student/teacher ratio is, blah, blah, blah. Seriously, folks, if you want to feel trippy, come to Port Jeff and talk to a resident who was born and raised here.

It kills my husband that he can't do crap about his own town while he did so much in the city. The fact that he has to leave the house armed is a disgrace. To go to Blockbuster??? He wants to start a neighborhood watch/patrol with other resident cops/firefighters, but he's not getting a good reaction from both town and Suffolk. WTF?

I'm going to try Levy and Councilman, thanks for the advice.
Your husband should run for an office. Or start out on his own. I bet with his old badge, he could have those kids out of that park within 2 weeks. Ive seen the "gangs" in PJ and most of them are wannabees. They do not have backing and they loiter there because they know people fear them...only making the life more appealing.

Also, SCPD knows about the Drug problems, so does the FBI, CIA and DEA. There is a reason they are apatetic.

Push hard. See what happens. You might get an answer you werent expecting....

Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 PM

26 posts, read 72,635 times
Look whats happening in Islip right now, its great.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:16 PM

401 posts, read 945,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I may be missing alot here because I didn't read too many post after the initial post or prior to this one. You can't really be saying that people's morals are based on their skin color or ethnicity. Your case in point proves absolutely nothing. It's like saying a block with too many green houses on it causes a higer incidence of precipitation because it seems to rain there more. Things are much more complex that that simple minded conclusion you derived. If you just draw the conclusion that neighborhoods are just bad because blacks live there, then YOU are the one who doesn't get it. I would bet that Shirley and Mastic are predominately white neighborhoods. Are they typical of the Brookville, Muttontown, Gold Coast-Long Island neigborhoods? Maybe there is more going on here that somehow slipped by you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island