Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 9,825 times

Advertisements

This may be a rediculous question - but..

How prevelant is inter-racial dating and the willingness to date Indian descent men in London by non-Indian (i.e., white, european) women?

I am a single 30 year old male who can have a good salary in both NY or London. I'll have less in pocket (net) to spend in London (about 500-1K monthly). So, given I'll compromise on SPace and Money if I go to London -

Should I move to London over New york?

About me:

1) I love Int'l Travel
2) I love food
3) I love to be social
4) I am Indian Descent american and date all types
5) Want a great dating scene (I'm a straight American Male)
6) I hate hot weather and really cold weather. I like weather good enough for a jacket.
7) I like safe areas
8) Dating wise - I want to be in the most "accepting" city for Inter-racial dating" as I prefer White, Latin, European Women, Middle Eastern, and Asian women
9) A place that has les stigma about Indian people as I'm not the norm. I want to be able to feel like I can be me without getting a bunc of rediculous questions about my ancestry, and why I don't speak Hindi, and if I only date Indian women, and so on so forth.

Where should I move????? Help! Perspective perhaps who is male, single, American who lived in both places.

Thank you!

Where should I live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:53 AM

267 posts, read 1,287,546 times
Hi,
The UK is pretty relaxed on any race dating as we have a large ethnic population.
In relation to the weather in London it can get very cold (freezing) during winter and very hot in summer 90's!

Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richt71 View Post
Hi,
The UK is pretty relaxed on any race dating as we have a large ethnic population.
In relation to the weather in London it can get very cold (freezing) during winter and very hot in summer 90's!
Although it depends on what temperatures you're used to I suppose. Compared to a lot of places in the USA we're fairly moderate.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:57 PM

15 posts, read 140,360 times
Im a bit confused. I assumed you were American Indian as in...Cherokee or what have you. But the Hindi thing...presumably youre Indian as in from the Indian subcontinent. Heritage-wise, anyway.

In any event, I'd strongly advise not moving to London or New York but if those are the only options, London is the clear choice.

1) Obviously easier with international travel
2) Food...I dont know
3) Being social...I dont know
4) Finding Indian women...no problem. Northwest London and Wembley and that whole area is NOTHING BUT Indian women. Or British Indian women if you prefer somebody more assimilated. But Ive even seen British Indian women wearing sarees. At least I think they were British. Totally ridiculous.
5) Dating scene...obviously, an American will do better outside of America then within. Its something different for these women, a lot have certain stereotypes about Americans (theyre all rich, fun-loving, and other myths), and a good number are looking for visas. A guy can have a good time taking advantage of this greed and misconception.
6) London is the clear winner for weather. Its mild year round whereas Im sure it gets really cold in New York in the winter and hot in the summer.
7) London is much safer than New York, Im sure. You can walk anywhere even in the middle of the night without fear. Some transvestite hookers in some areas and phalluses offering "skunk" but no violence to speak of. Indeed, "knife crime" is the biggest issue. Thats a joke. Its quaint that this is the biggest concern. And its just media hype anyway. Hardly an epidemic.
8) Inter-racial dating, yeah you see Indian guys with white women on occassion. And personally, as a white American, also around 30, I almost exclusively date non-white women. South Asian, Far Eastern, black, I get around. And its never been an issue.
9) Indian stereotypes...theres loads of British Indian people and many are pretty well assimilated. I dont think anybody assumes anything in this regard. As long as you dont wear any traditional Hindu clothes (as a great deal of Indians here do...makes you wonder if they know what country theyre in). It shouldnt be a problem.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:20 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,158 times
Indian guys, or any other south Asians, for that matter, rarely go out with white European girls. It's not just because of any racism, in reality I think it is just a matter of preference, and also keep in mind also many Indian families are very traditional in their view towards mating so they not only want their sons to marry someone who is Indian but of the same social background or caste. I know a Punjabi investment banker in London who has been out with white European girls but even he will marry an Indian girl. Let us be honest. It's about the same with East Asian (Mongolid) guys and white European women. It has to do with stereotypes as well. Watch the Harold and Kumar films, or for now
YouTube - Yellow Fever

Old 05-30-2008, 09:05 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
You will have zero problems in London.

I would take London over NYC or any American city.

I lived there for 2 years, loved every second of it and can't wait to go back.

Many Indians there do not speak hindi, so it is no big deal, people there will tell if you are really from India or not (meaning if just immigrated from there or have strong ethnic local ties) by the way you dress and carry yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London