Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM

866 posts, read 1,561,353 times

Advertisements

I'm going to England for the first time with my family in about a month to board a Northern Europe cruise as a graduation trip. We'll be staying in London before and after leaving, which I've heard can be expensive. We have free accommodations, thanks to hotel points, but other costs add up, of course. So, to the point, I've heard Indian food is very cheap in London, so does anyone have any good suggestions? We're planning on staying just northwest of Regent's Park, so any that are close to there or are convenient by tube would be great. Thanks to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 03:55 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,289,892 times
I would suggest you check out toptable.co.uk - you can put in an area (your hotel's postcode for example) and it gives a map with restaurants, reviews and prices. You can make an online reservation easily, and also a lot of places offer discounts and specials. I have found some real gems on it. (I don't typically eat at Indian restaurants myself as it is one cuisine that I cook frequently at home, so can't help with recommendations, but you are sure to find some on toptable.) - it's a really handy restaurant tool.

Another excellent site is tripadvisor.co.uk on which you can sort by area, cuisine, and price (but it doesn't have the specials like you find on toptable).

Old 04-27-2012, 04:27 AM

692 posts, read 1,356,063 times
There's a feast of ethic restaurants and streets food around the Brick Lane Area including many Bengali and Indian restaurants.

Last edited by Mulhall; 04-27-2012 at 04:46 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 AM

3,871 posts, read 5,297,409 times
I would also recommend posting on Chowhound, great resource if you want to hunt down the best in London.

Personally this is my favorite place to eat in London....period. Needoo I dream about my meals here.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 AM

326 posts, read 1,041,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I would also recommend posting on Chowhound, great resource if you want to hunt down the best in London.

Personally this is my favorite place to eat in London....period. Needoo I dream about my meals here.
Second that. Needoo is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. Authentic Pakistani cuisine - incredibly fragrant and spicy.

Lahore Kebab and Tayyabs are run by the same family and are worth a look also - but Needoo is the best IMO.

Brick Lane is the curry capital of central London - but is getting over touristy and some places are a bit hit and miss. Londoners in the know usually venture south of the Whitechapel Road to the trio mentioned above.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,289,892 times
I will have to try Needoo!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:32 AM

3,871 posts, read 5,297,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinparis View Post
Second that. Needoo is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. Authentic Pakistani cuisine - incredibly fragrant and spicy.

Lahore Kebab and Tayyabs are run by the same family and are worth a look also - but Needoo is the best IMO.

Brick Lane is the curry capital of central London - but is getting over touristy and some places are a bit hit and miss. Londoners in the know usually venture south of the Whitechapel Road to the trio mentioned above.
I agree the majority of my Brick Lane meals have been disappointing. The meals I have had in Whitechapel and West Ham on the other hand have been all delicious and as you said Needoo stands out as the most impressive to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London