Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 PM

10 posts, read 58,318 times

Advertisements

If you get a job offer in Little Rock or Memphis for $95K/Year, which city do you prefer? Why? Thanks

I have 3-year-old daughter and I am Asian. I need to get you advice for relocation purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 02:27 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,764,580 times
Little Rock in a heartbeat!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:37 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,995,237 times
Little Rock. I'd rather be dodging more hobos than rocks and bullets.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Why? Could you give more detail?
Have you lived in Memphis before or just hear about it from media about its crime.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM

Hi J Arp,

Have you lived in Memphis before? Why do you prefer Little Rock over Memphis?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:02 PM

Memphis is the closest big city from my location. I've been there many many times throughout my life and it just seems to be getting worse. Now when I go there with my friends we always talk the person with the ugliest car to drive there in hopes that it doesn't get broken in to like some of our other friends' cars.

Its not like we're hanging out at the Crack Fortress either; we just go to the usual night life spots.

I've also gotten myself hopelessly lost in both cities, but I have only been scared in Memphis. I made a couple of wrong turns and then I notice all the street lights were not functioning (shot out maybe?), not a single porch light on, gentlemen standing on every corner staring us down. My friend that was with me has been through his fair share of very shady situations was noticeably anxious which didn't help my nerves. He was the one that locked the car doors and started to get low in his seat...

Maybe I just "lucked" out and picked the absolute worst spot to get lost.

Last edited by J Arp; 10-17-2008 at 03:16 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 03:11 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,764,580 times
I've never lived in Memphis and honestly I don't know much about it. AR is home and I can see the hills from where I am. I couldn't live over there on the flatland.

On the practical side though, Little Rock is a lot smaller, meaning you'd probably be dealing with less traffic and much easier commute. IMO, you don't lose a whole lot of urban amenities by choosing Little Rock over Memphis. Others may not agree with me and say I'm a fool for not wanting to be close to store A or restaurant B but I could honestly care less. Ok so you won't have an NBA team in Little Rock... again...that's something that doesn't come into the picture if I'm deciding where to live. If it was an NHL team..that would be different, lol!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
On the practical side though, Little Rock is a lot smaller, meaning you'd probably be dealing with less traffic and much easier commute...
Yeah, I've gone through both cities at 5:00pm and getting stuck on the 240 in Memphis was by far the most miserable rush hour experience.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:37 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,318,772 times
I've lived in both Memphis and Little Rock.

Personally, I prefer Little Rock over Memphis because I like smaller cities. Memphis, however, is a good place with plenty of good people -- and I'm blessed to have been able to live there and get to know some wonderful people doing wonderful things for the world. Memphis is a big city and has big city problems, and many people who have not lived in a big city simply don't know how to handle that.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 PM

Default How much for average family house in Chenal Valley?

How much $ for a single family house in Chenal Valley, ZIP 72223?

Is $95k/Y enough for a family of 3 in Little Rock? Is it average household income in Little Rock?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area