Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,560 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, i moved to america about 3 years ago with my mom from canada. I have a conditional residency right mow, but in a few months it will be perminant residency. Im wanting to move back to canada with my boyfriend to live with my dad, but still want to be able to come to the states since my mom is here. I need to know how hard it will be, if i should wait untill im 18 which i really dont want to do. Also if their is something to do, what forms do i need and how do i do it. Im wanting to move next summer but understand that it can take a really long time could someone give me a hand please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 06:12 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,753,282 times
So what you're really asking for is advice on the US Immigration procedures, so the thread will be moved to the US Immigration forum.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:38 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
As a former canuck can somewhat understand your situation. To begin with, you came to the US as a minor under your mothers name/application. You are not legally able to anything on your own untill 18. You might be able to cross back into Canada with original Canadian ID and stay with your dad but then you would still need proper papers to re-enter US to visit. Do not believe you can retain American papers while returning to Canada. Speaking with American Consulate would be the thing to do but then again they won't do anything as your still a minor and unable to help without a guardian permission. Sorry, Steve

Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 PM

507 posts, read 879,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katthecanadian View Post
Hello everyone, i moved to america about 3 years ago with my mom from canada. I have a conditional residency right mow, but in a few months it will be perminant residency. Im wanting to move back to canada with my boyfriend to live with my dad, but still want to be able to come to the states since my mom is here. I need to know how hard it will be, if i should wait untill im 18 which i really dont want to do. Also if their is something to do, what forms do i need and how do i do it. Im wanting to move next summer but understand that it can take a really long time could someone give me a hand please?

Shouldn't be moving anywhere with someone you're not married to.
And no,not saying you should be at your age either.

The biggest thing in life is not doing what you want to, but whats best for all concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration