Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,264,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfish View Post
We are also relocating from Reno to Vegas in sep-oct
and would appreciate help in locating an agency or reference that can help us find a home
one concern we have is being careful not to rent from an owner that's about to go into foreclosure, I'm not sure it's even an issue but have read horror stories of the sherrifs dept showing up and evicting the renters.. ish
we're looking for a house around 2500sqft preferrably single level but not a requirment,
need at least 3br and den
looking in the SummerLin area
rent around 2000 ish
must allow cute little well behaved doggies
appreciate any feedback
thanks
Doggie rules...

no pets...50% of the homes.

1 small dog (cute or otherwise) 20% of the homes.

2 small or one large 10%

Anything else 20% of the homes.

More than 3 you need a special permit from the municipality.

What have you got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 6,640 times
we have 3 shi-tzus

Old 03-18-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfish View Post
we have 3 shi-tzus
Thought so...brings back memories...first big RE deal my wife and I put together many years ago collapsed at the last moment...over...you got it...three dogs. Four pounds each but the HOA rules said two max.

You are in the class where no pet limitation is set. For most renters I would say school was out with respect to Summerlin but you are far enough up the hog it may work.

It is way too early but drop me a DM and I will send you what exists in Summerlin and similar and you can decide how big your problem is.

there is no foolproof way to avoid getting trapped in a foreclosure...but with a little judgement you can reduce the probablility to the same as that of the house burning down. Both happen. But rarely.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,047,026 times
you could save a bunch of money if you go north.. bigger too..

Old 03-19-2008, 02:20 AM

120 posts, read 391,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Rentals in the US are generally handled by the regular real estate system...at least for single family residences and condominiums. Apartments are handled differently. In general in Summerlin you will end up in an single family or a condo...though there are apartments.

At present there are 60 rentals available in the Summerlin master planned area. They range in price from $1195 per month to $6500 per month. They range in size from 1000 SF to 4500 SF. You can find anything you want in between.
Olecapt, this is nonsense and incomplete information to the extreme. See, you are a real estate agent, and me being a real estate investor, we should agree on many things. However, I thought you were a more savvy realtor than this. This is where investors clash with realtors.....

60 rentals in Summerlin? HAHA!! Olecapt is giving you incomplete information, sorry to say. Realtors love their MLS system, so they can make commission.. but....

there are HUNDREDS of rentals available in Summerlin, from apartments, to condos, to homes.....in all price ranges. go check craigslist.org, and you will see this to be true. Most people coming in from out of town use craigslist.org, which owners use to advertise. There is no real benefit to using a real estate agent. Click on Las Vegas, click on apts / housing.... tons of rentals.

My broker and licensed agent, doesn't even put them on the MLS. She puts all her rentals on craigslist and she gets them rented fast......

Last edited by vegas_4u; 03-19-2008 at 02:32 AM..

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas_4u View Post
Olecapt, this is nonsense and incomplete information to the extreme. See, you are a real estate agent, and me being a real estate investor, we should agree on many things. However, I thought you were a more savvy realtor than this. This is where investors clash with realtors.....

60 rentals in Summerlin? HAHA!! Olecapt is giving you incomplete information, sorry to say. Realtors love their MLS system, so they can make commission.. but....

there are HUNDREDS of rentals available in Summerlin, from apartments, to condos, to homes.....in all price ranges. go check craigslist.org, and you will see this to be true. Most people coming in from out of town use craigslist.org, which owners use to advertise. There is no real benefit to using a real estate agent. Click on Las Vegas, click on apts / housing.... tons of rentals.

My broker and licensed agent, doesn't even put them on the MLS. She puts all her rentals on craigslist and she gets them rented fast......
That was from last summer and dealt exclusively with single family residences with the Summerlin brand.

We too routinely use Craig's List for rentals. Note however it is a very awkward channel and oft gets you more solicitations for you and your dog to join in an open sex ring then rental offers.

In this particular case there are about six rentals on the nice west side (not just in Summerlin) that would meet the spec. Now if it is so simple go find a dozen off Craig's list for the poster. Bring them back here and let everyone see them.

any Broker who tries to rent large single families in the choice areas without the MLS is incompetent. You should get a new Broker.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 AM

120 posts, read 391,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
That was from last summer and dealt exclusively with single family residences with the Summerlin brand.

We too routinely use Craig's List for rentals. Note however it is a very awkward channel and oft gets you more solicitations for you and your dog to join in an open sex ring then rental offers.

In this particular case there are about six rentals on the nice west side (not just in Summerlin) that would meet the spec. Now if it is so simple go find a dozen off Craig's list for the poster. Bring them back here and let everyone see them.

any Broker who tries to rent large single families in the choice areas without the MLS is incompetent. You should get a new Broker.
HAHAHAHAHA - funny.... that's why my properties are rented within a week or two..... you have to be flexible based on the market trends. Craigslist works. You go with what works. Have fun soliciting business with your MLS....... thanks for the good laugh ! Agents - HAHAHAHAHA!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas_4u View Post
HAHAHAHAHA - funny.... that's why my properties are rented within a week or two..... you have to be flexible based on the market trends. Craigslist works. You go with what works. Have fun soliciting business with your MLS....... thanks for the good laugh ! Agents - HAHAHAHAHA!
Still waiting to see the ones you retrieved so simply from Craig's list.

Put up or shut up.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,047,026 times
i'm still waiting to see who the broker is? my house is on craigslist, priced very reasonably and i'm not getting hits.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:55 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,965,510 times
Well, I am heading over to check it out right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: