Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:29 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,034,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
when we have a pro-business regime back in DC
Yeah, because the economy has done so poorly in the 15 months since President Obama took office.

Especially, in comparison to the 15 months immediately preceding Jan. 2009. Or for that matter, going all the way back to 2001.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:36 AM

177 posts, read 357,348 times
We are no longer in recession but hovering around the bottom. I have no clue when the economy will bounce back at a reasonable rate. And regarding to your question that
when the unemployment rate in the Vegas metro will be under 6%", you need to figure out when the national unemployment rate will go under 6% first. As Olecapt has said before, without a general pickup in the national economy leading to disposable income, there is no recovery for Vegas.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The whole country is going to go into a huge depression that will last for years.
LVD, I hate to say it, but that is the most ridiculous statement I've seen on this board in quite awhile. And that includes the guy whose dogs apparently are straight A students!

If you want to follow conservatives, at least try following competent and coherent ones like those who write editorials for the WSJ rather than wacko radio hosts.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:50 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,697,260 times
I agree with what Las Vegas Drunk just said. No one can really say for sure when the Las Vegas Metro will no longer be in a recession. In fact, from what I've read, economists say that it could be until about 2013 until things start to stabilize nationwide. That's probably only their guess maybe. I don't think anyone can really wait until 2013 to find a job.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:58 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,940,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Chic is gonna be one of those that max's all her credit cards n stops making the payments cause the worlds gonna end.....and then it doesn't.....

LOL...funny.....no I just live the good life with what i can afford and heck if its going to happen then at least I dont die with out enjoying my money..

Old 05-02-2010, 12:38 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,262,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
LVD, I hate to say it, but that is the most ridiculous statement I've seen on this board in quite awhile. And that includes the guy whose dogs apparently are straight A students!

If you want to follow conservatives, at least try following competent and coherent ones like those who write editorials for the WSJ rather than wacko radio hosts.
I prefer to follow non-partisons with no associations to either party. Here are the facts. We now have a national debt that is higher than our printed currency thanks to the puppet in chief Barry Soetoro (Obama's real name). We keep borrowing from China, but they are sick of it. Not to mention the interest piling up from it. Hyper-inflation is already starting, and it will soon be out of control. When the dollar collapses, the greatest depression starts. I have personally seen it happening with my beer. It went from $1.09 to $1.25 about 3 months ago. Now it is $1.49 as of 2 weeks ago. Anyone who is listening to the bought and paid for mass media is clueless. There can not be a recovery anyways since MOST of our jobs have all been outsourced. Here are some links for the anyone who wants the truth. To the people saying Las Vegas is going to recover in 3 to 5 years, give me a break....

This guy is extremely accurate in his former predictions. His prediction is a huge depression by 2014 that will turn the USA into a third world country.

YouTube - Gerald Celente Trends Forecasts coming true year after year

This is another website I am subscribed to with very good information.

National Inflation Association

Old 05-02-2010, 01:33 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,550,163 times
So I see there a few people who fear the world is coming to an end.

O.K.

Thanks for your replies.

Let me ask this then:

How did Vegas fare after the 2000-2002 recession?

Or even the 1990 recession if you can remember back that far?

Old 05-02-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Hyper-inflation is already starting, and it will soon be out of control. When the dollar collapses, the greatest depression starts.
You know how I said that your earlier post about the coming depression was the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board in quite some time.

I stand corrected.

j/k

Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You know how I said that your earlier post about the coming depression was the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board in quite some time.

I stand corrected.

j/k
No you are not...

To assert hyper-inflation when the problem has been deflation takes real chutzpah.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:07 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,262,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
No you are not...

To assert hyper-inflation when the problem has been deflation takes real chutzpah.
I know you are a smart guy, so I have no idea why you would say that? I have continuously seen prices on everything going up on everything at an accelerated rate. We are currently in a inflationary recession. By the way, check your recent Cox bill too and tell me about deflation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: