Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,819,070 times

Advertisements

If I were you I would avoid renting at the airport. Not only in LV but anywhere you possibly can because the prices are much lower at a neighbourhood rental place. It depends on how much you value your time but a few months ago when I was in Kansas City, I was able to ride their city bus (The Metro) from KCI to downtown for a few dollars and then rent a car which was more than $125 less than at KCI. It works the same way in Chicago and I am sure in many other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 04:44 PM

10 posts, read 20,219 times
Please reread my post 3 posts back!!!!
There are valid reasons why I am renting from the airport!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If I were you I would avoid renting at the airport. Not only in LV but anywhere you possibly can because the prices are much lower at a neighbourhood rental place. It depends on how much you value your time but a few months ago when I was in Kansas City, I was able to ride their city bus (The Metro) from KCI to downtown for a few dollars and then rent a car which was more than $125 less than at KCI. It works the same way in Chicago and I am sure in many other places.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 PM

11,180 posts, read 16,069,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panolover View Post
Enterprise cars are usually dirty and over-priced compare to other rental companies...locations outside the airport do not have much selection. The best days to start your rental period from the airport price wise is Wednesday-Thursday
My example above coincidentally was from Wed-Wed. And I disagree completely with your opinion of Enterprise.

BTW, if you check Kayak or CarRentals.com, you'll see that your statement that Enterprise is overpriced has no basis in fact. They may not be the cheapest (a la Fox), but they certainly are not overpriced in comparison to other national companies.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 PM

People!!!!
What does any of this have to do with the question at hand????

I am not asking for opinions on Car rental agencies or whether I should be renting from one location or another.

The question is:

Does the Ace bus go to McCarran Car Rental Center?

So far only one person has actually attempted to answer my question, Junior Member DirtbikeGirl.

I'm sorry the question is so complicated and beyond the comprehension of the Senior members of this Forum.

Holy Hannah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
My example above coincidentally was from Wed-Wed. And I disagree completely with your opinion of Enterprise.

BTW, if you check Kayak or CarRentals.com, you'll see that your statement that Enterprise is overpriced has no basis in fact. They may not be the cheapest (a la Fox), but they certainly are not overpriced in comparison to other national companies.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 PM

177 posts, read 357,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchie26 View Post
People!!!!
What does any of this have to do with the question at hand????

I am not asking for opinions on Car rental agencies or whether I should be renting from one location or another.

The question is:

Does the Ace bus go to McCarran Car Rental Center?

So far only one person has actually attempted to answer my question, Junior Member DirtbikeGirl.

I'm sorry the question is so complicated and beyond the comprehension of the Senior members of this Forum.

Holy Hannah!!!
Ok ok.
Let me answer your question.
The Ace bus goes southward on the LV Blvd, makes a left turn on Warm Spring, and you will see a bus stop at the Outlet Center. Then, it makea a left turn on Gilespie. The car rental center is on your left hand side. Finally the Ace goes northward to the south strip transit center. Although the Ace passes through the car rental center, it doesn't stop there. You need to get off at the Outlet Center and walk to the car rental center. It will probably take you 10-15 minutes.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:59 PM

11,180 posts, read 16,069,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchie26 View Post
Sorry that you don't like the way the thread has evolved.

Here's a suggestion for you:

Look up the route yourself:

Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) | Transit Routes & Schedules (http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/route/index.cfm - broken link)

Alternatively, you can call ACE customer service at 702-228-RIDE and ask them the question yourself instead of whining about it here.

I have another suggestion for you, but it is most likely anatomically impossible for you to perform.

Can you comprehend what it might be? Or is the question too complicated?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 AM

Thank you so much!!!
Appreciate the confirmation

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mresort View Post
Ok ok.
The Ace bus goes southward on the LV Blvd, makes a left turn on Warm Spring, and you will see a bus stop at the Outlet Center. Then, it makea a left turn on Gilespie. The car rental center is on your left hand side. Finally the Ace goes northward to the south strip transit center. Although the Ace passes through the car rental center, it doesn't stop there. You need to get off at the Outlet Center and walk to the car rental center. It will probably take you 10-15 minutes.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Sorry that you don't like the way the thread has evolved.

Here's a suggestion for you:

Look up the route yourself:

If you had even halfway read this thread you would know that I already did that! I think thats most of the problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda;13814915[color=violet
Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) | Transit Routes & Schedules[/color] (http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/route/index.cfm - broken link)

Alternatively, you can call ACE customer service at 702-228-RIDE and ask them the question yourself instead of whining about it here.

Whining?? I thought this forum was about asking questions of locals and receiving pertinent answers. Sorry my question came across as whining.

Quote:
I have another suggestion for you, but it is most likely anatomically impossible for you to perform.

Can you comprehend what it might be? Or is the question too complicated?
OOh that one hurt!!

Bye Bye

Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 PM

6,386 posts, read 11,924,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresort View Post
Ok ok.
Or you can get off at the transit center. I have walked to the rental cars from there (free parking lot for seven days) and it took about 10 minutes as well.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,067,172 times
Quote:
Car rentals cost considerably more at the airport than in the city. In addition to a higher basic cost for the car, there is a 10% concession fee plus a facility charge (basically for the vehicle parking space) of $3.00 or so a day while you have the car.

To give you a specific example, I just reserved a car with Enterprise for the beginning of May when my parents are coming to visit (because my car is a two-seater). Having them pick me up and take me to their nearest office to rent the car will cost me $229.39/week for a full size. I just went into their system and changed the pickup location to LAS and the price went up to $354.96. That's quite a surcharge!

If you'll already be on the Strip, there is no reason to go back to LAS to rent.
unless you have crazy dates, it is much less at the airport.. i've never paid more than 17. ( and a low of 8.) for an intermediate.. just go on hotwire or priceline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas