Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:20 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,550,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Hawaii View Post
I don't give a #$%^& what the vet said
Funny. I bet you gave a #$%^& before the foreign object was removed from your pet's stomach.

Even human hospitals have visiting hours...and for the same exact reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,177,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz123 View Post
i don't usually say things like this, but you're an idiot and don't deserve a dog. Of course i like dogs much better than i like people.
+1

Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,326,335 times
What was left laying around that your dog ate and got in it's stomach? I'm thankful to hear the Vet was able to save it. There are cases where things don't work out that well. I feel so sorry for your dog.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 AM

278 posts, read 792,484 times
Quote:
I don't give a #$%^& what the vet said
i can understand that you're upset. i love my dog immensely.

but if you really don't care what the vet says... then why is the dog there in the first place?

take a step back, take a deep breath, get a handle on what's most important. if you still feel the same way, well that's on you i suppose. hopefully you'll be able to see that your dog's health is what's more important, and the vet is trying to do what he/she feels is in your dog's best interest.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:18 AM

150 posts, read 428,098 times
maybe its good to watch the mechanic,Dentists and mechanics the most corrupt of them all.Both industries where the owners force the workers t osay things are broken,ill that are not so they can get more money. One of my best friends a mechanic and he tells me stories and my own experience is i go to dentist they say i have 6 cavities9one that takes my insurnace0 then i go to trusted family practice and find out i only have one. Dental hygeniest get commissions for selling services? imagine if nurses got bonuses like that, gee,sir i think its a good idea let dr. take out your appendix now even though nothings wrong. Vets on the other hand only problem with them is some dont care about animals(but then again i deel with perps and dont care about them,lol) and they make it hard to get prescription so you can buy it 90 percent cheaper on outside.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:34 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,299,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I don't usually say things like this, but you're an idiot and don't deserve a dog. Of course I like dogs much better than I like people.
I will just say I agree with your whole post 100%.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:11 PM

307 posts, read 1,224,833 times
FYI - my dog passed away yesterday morning. My vet felt bad because I couldn't visit him last Friday night.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,331,855 times
Quote:
FYI - my dog passed away yesterday morning. My vet felt bad because I couldn't visit him last Friday night.
Awww...I am really sorry to hear about your sweet dog.
I was really hoping she would pull through.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:16 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,417,802 times
Well now I'm sorry I said what I did. My condolences man. No wonder you were upset. I'm stupid.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:49 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,353,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Well now I'm sorry I said what I did. My condolences man. No wonder you were upset. I'm stupid.
I don't think you're stupid or your comment was misplaced even under this circumstance. The vet was trying to do what was best for the dog -- that's his or her job -- and obviously that attention to detail was appropriate since the circumstances were proved to be dire. The dog owner's distress is understandable, but the over-the-top behavior is still not appropriate. I was angry when my father died. In fact I still am six years later; I continue to believe his surgeon made at least one poor decision. But I didn't pitch a fit in the hospital and looking back I'm glad I didn't. It wouldn't have helped my father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas