Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:59 PM

317 posts, read 1,003,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I still feel like I'm on vacationand dreading the day I have to go back to real life.

That's how much I enjoy the pool, the house, and Las Vegas!
"Last thing I remember, I was runnin' for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Good night" said the night man "We are programmed to receive
You can check out anyytime you like, but you can never leave"

(c) HOTEL CALIFORNIA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,258 times
I have been a pool man on and off for around 20 years. There are many factors involving pool maintenance. But for the most part, it can be pretty cheap to maintain a pool if you do it yourself!! It is not hard to learn how to use chemicals or to clean a pool. Alot of pool problems can be avoided by having very little vegetation around the pool, especially large and numerous trees that shed tons of leaves. I have maintained pools from Florida to Texas and Las Vegas and anyone with a brain can maintain there own pool if your looking to trim the budget. If you have the extra money however, go ahead and hire a reliable pool service.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:09 PM

80 posts, read 151,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I would expect that cleaning the filters are part of the deal...

I have had two pools for many many years......one at a rental and the other at my house. I have been through what seems like every pool company there is (of course, I'm sure there are more), but I have never had decent service with either pool. I have probably dealt with 20+ companies. They all charged extra when the filter needed cleaning. I have had experiences where I would see the pool man drive up and if he saw no one looking would be gone within 5 minutes or so. I would often check the chemicals myself and they would be way off. I used to do all the work myself except for taking the filter apart........just couldn't handle that. I have also been charged for filter cleaning when it was never cleaned. I now have a cartridge filter, but I still stand out there while it is taken apart and cleaned. No longer have the rental so am down to one pool. I would get rid of my current pool in a minute if I could. I have had friends who have sold their houses just to get rid of the pool. I would do that if you could sell a house in Vegas now. Not a fan of pools. AND the newness wears off fast!!!!!!!!! If anyone knows of a GOOD pool service, I would like to know about it.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM

930 posts, read 1,819,193 times
probably best to go with independently owned/operated service ..one guy operation. I have a cartridge filter and is cleaned regularly when dirty without any extra charges . mabey the monthly rate I pay is calculated with this service in mind, dont really know for sure.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times
A pool is a hole in the ground that you pour money into.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:08 AM

930 posts, read 1,819,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
A pool is a hole in the ground that you pour money into.

yes , yes, enough already....we've all heard this tune sung many times before.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:21 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
yes , yes, enough already....we've all heard this tune sung many times before.
mmmmm cranky today arent we.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
a pool is a hole in the ground that you pour money into.
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
probably best to go with independently owned/operated service ..one guy operation. I have a cartridge filter and is cleaned regularly when dirty without any extra charges . mabey the monthly rate I pay is calculated with this service in mind, dont really know for sure.

I did say "pool companies," when in reality, all the ones I can remember at this point have been one guy operations. Just can't seem to find anyone who is honest.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,642,976 times
Farmgirlok
I have to say i have had STELLER results with AA pool service (steve) (aa072 on the site) he has always done right by me, and service has been great, many MANY other people on here use him as well, and i have never heard ONE thing against him!

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas