Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 07:26 PM

26 posts, read 170,406 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone!

I'm planning to move to Las Vegas or Henderson soon. I'm looking to get a modest, one story, approximate 1600 square foot (living space) home with a two-car garage.

What can I expect to pay per month for Electric, Water/Sewer, Cable, Property Tax, community/association, etc, bills? Are there any other recurring monthly costs I should be aware of?

Also, I was looking for a nice old or new neighborhood relatively close to Nellis Air Force Base...any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyRon View Post
Hi, everyone!

I'm planning to move to Las Vegas or Henderson soon. I'm looking to get a modest, one story, approximate 1600 square foot (living space) home with a two-car garage.

What can I expect to pay per month for Electric, Water/Sewer, Cable, Property Tax, community/association, etc, bills? Are there any other recurring monthly costs I should be aware of?

Also, I was looking for a nice old or new neighborhood relatively close to Nellis Air Force Base...any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Figure $200 to $300 per month. Older is more newer is less. Bigger is more smaller is less.

You also pay insurance, cable, phone. Garbage and sewer are in the $200.

For Nellis you want North Las Vegas or the Northwest. Simply a matter of commute feeders.

If you really like Henderson it can work out. But the north is a lot less pain.

Got kiddies? Go west. No kiddies stay east and north.

I have placed a half dozen AF types over the last years. Pretty much in the North or NW. At a higher price point you might want to venture into Summerlin or Henderson. But not for the base 1600 SF.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM

39 posts, read 129,873 times
This was posted sometime ago, but I am wondering the same thing. Please forgive me if a thread already exists. If it does, I didn't find it & would really appreciate a link. We are hoping to move to the Green Valley Ranch Neighborhood in about a 1200 sq ft home. The house we are applying to has a gas dryer, oven and heat. I am trying to get an average cost for things like sewer, water, gas, electric and garbage. I know electric varies and would think it would average about $300 per month, give or take the month. The rest I am not sure about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Although we knew LV was a possibility, hubby just got the transfer notice yesterday & we are flying out in 1 week. We are being given 1 week's temporary housing and must find a place to rent by then, so I am going a little crazy trying to pack & do research on living areas. So, please forgive me for not doing diligent research first. I am just trying to keep my head on straight and find a house we can afford. Thank you in advance!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:19 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwruk1 View Post
This was posted sometime ago, but I am wondering the same thing. Please forgive me if a thread already exists. If it does, I didn't find it & would really appreciate a link. We are hoping to move to the Green Valley Ranch Neighborhood in about a 1200 sq ft home. The house we are applying to has a gas dryer, oven and heat. I am trying to get an average cost for things like sewer, water, gas, electric and garbage. I know electric varies and would think it would average about $300 per month, give or take the month. The rest I am not sure about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Although we knew LV was a possibility, hubby just got the transfer notice yesterday & we are flying out in 1 week. We are being given 1 week's temporary housing and must find a place to rent by then, so I am going a little crazy trying to pack & do research on living areas. So, please forgive me for not doing diligent research first. I am just trying to keep my head on straight and find a house we can afford. Thank you in advance!
General estimates:
Sewer- $30/mo with small amount of grass
Water- $30/mo with small amount of grass
Gas- $30/mo
Garbage- included in the water/sewer bill? I know I signed up for trash where and when I signed up for water. I think it is like $15 a quarter? Could be $15/mo
Electric- Call NVEnergy, they will give you average historic cost on the house you are looking to rent. Probably $150-$220 during the summer.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:22 PM

687 posts, read 1,945,433 times
Figure about 250 - 300 per month averaged over 12 months and you will be pretty close. That includes all utilities.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:35 PM

39 posts, read 129,873 times
Thank you!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:52 PM

150 posts, read 427,360 times
"250 - 300 per month averaged over 12 months"
if you using normal amount of water, sewage,garbage and water be about 50 per month combined, 600 a year
gas bill probly be 20-25 dollar 10 months of the year , maybe a bit higher if you like heat i n the winter.
Your highest electric bill might be 200-220 in the summer for 2 months but other 2 months of summer it might be 150 ,so your avg be under 200. However , your electric bill for the other 7-8 months probly be around 40 bucks are less per mon th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas