Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:11 AM

199 posts, read 536,433 times

Advertisements

I ask only because I am a Die-Hard Liberal. I spent a lot of time in both
Berkeley and Cambridge; where tree huggers thrive.

One of the Lonely Planet books on Las Vegas reads that there is a "moral majority" in Las Vegas. Basically, how Gay-Friendly is Reno? I'm not saying that I am gay, but locales that are okay with gays will usually not frown on nudists or gentlemen in public without shirts. Summers usually force me to shed my shirt. Wanna know conservative, try Mexico; but I was myself there, and most people got used to my lack of attire. I don't go nude in public, only my own space. When I answer my door, it is usually just in swimwear. For the curious: I am not overweight, I am slim. I saw on the Net, there is a Nudist group in Las Vegas, but I go nude at home. I can not
do it in upstate NY winters.

Thanks for the assistance on this,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:20 AM

53 posts, read 243,682 times
It's Vegas, we've seen it all.

You might get a few second looks but besides that, it's more of a "live and let live" attitude than hardcore liberal. Libertarians love it out here.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:17 PM

Thanks, I was afraid after reading that passage. Lonely Planet is usually
more truthful than Frommer's, and the like. Truthful to those under 60, that is.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM

23,870 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVinWA View Post
It's Vegas, we've seen it all.

You might get a few second looks but besides that, it's more of a "live and let live" attitude than hardcore liberal. Libertarians love it out here.
Yep.

OP - If you do move here, PLEASE do not try to make it more like Berkeley or Cambridge. If you want to live someplace with that type of political environment, well, there's two cities I can think of that have it...

We have a lot of transplants that are turning NV into California Lite. I'm fairly new here (3 years) and I'm a California transplant, but I want NV to stay just as it is. I would actually love to see some of the CA-style laws passed in the last decade repealed.

Again, if you're going to want to change things around here, please stay where you are. Otherwise, welcome!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Yep.

OP - If you do move here, PLEASE do not try to make it more like Berkeley or Cambridge. If you want to live someplace with that type of political environment, well, there's two cities I can think of that have it...

We have a lot of transplants that are turning NV into California Lite. I'm fairly new here (3 years) and I'm a California transplant, but I want NV to stay just as it is. I would actually love to see some of the CA-style laws passed in the last decade repealed.

Again, if you're going to want to change things around here, please stay where you are. Otherwise, welcome!
Just curious, what laws here that are CA style as you say do you want to have repealed? I will agree that California does have some laws that even I do not agree with such as ridiculous window tinting laws, car emissions, etc. However, I find many things such as the strong anti-smoking ban to my liking.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 PM

23,870 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Just curious, what laws here that are CA style as you say do you want to have repealed?
Well, the strong anti-smoking ban, for starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I find many things such as the strong anti-smoking ban to my liking.
heh.

If you want California laws, move to California. I know you have a hard-on for San Diego - I recommend La Mesa. Do you need directions?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Well, the strong anti-smoking ban, for starters.

heh.

If you want California laws, move to California. I know you have a hard-on for San Diego - I recommend La Mesa. Do you need directions?
We don't have a strong anti-smoking ban in Vegas so I do not understand what you are getting at

Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 AM

If you can read.......

I neither said I wanted a California lifestyle, nor California politics; also,
my question had nothing to do with about politics. Furthermore, I hope you understood that the question was answered. At least the additional replies support the findings that many Las Vegas residents are not to well educated.

Nudists live in hot or freezing cold climates like my current one.
Even if you don't like it, nudists live in Las Vegas too.

At least, in Mexico, most people know how to read and comprehend what
they are reading........

Honestly, I don't think I'll be comfortable in a locale with lots of idiots........

Old 02-18-2010, 11:05 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
just what we need...one more idiot.....

Old 02-18-2010, 11:17 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,471,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmanal View Post
If you can read.......

I neither said I wanted a California lifestyle, nor California politics; also,
my question had nothing to do with about politics. Furthermore, I hope you understood that the question was answered. At least the additional replies support the findings that many Las Vegas residents are not to well educated.

Nudists live in hot or freezing cold climates like my current one.
Even if you don't like it, nudists live in Las Vegas too.

At least, in Mexico, most people know how to read and comprehend what
they are reading........

Honestly, I don't think I'll be comfortable in a locale with lots of idiots........
That would be "too well educated".

Nuff' said.

Last edited by MomMom; 02-18-2010 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: