Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 10:22 AM

150 posts, read 427,289 times

Advertisements

I am wondering and comparing tax with florida. I see a home in henderson i like and one in Las vegas for around $90,000 can someone tell me what tax total will be, i understand that it might be next year until it gets lowered based on market rate. Also what would my monthly water,sewage,and garbage pickup bill be? in floridam its part of taxes(not water). I hope home owners insurance will at least run me less in vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 10:37 AM

845 posts, read 2,327,631 times
Go to the Treasurer's Website and look it up. Or PM the address to me. You are in the middle of the tax year right now, so everything has been set and billed. Assessment is the key; not purchase price. I just sold a condo for 55K, it is assessed at 53K, and the taxes are 600 per year. As of July 1, 2010 it will be assessed at 42,500. They might try and raise the tax rate, though.

I've heard AARP give the best deals on HO6 policies--not sure about SFRs. Less than Florida for sure.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyranger View Post
I am wondering and comparing tax with florida. I see a home in henderson i like and one in Las vegas for around $90,000 can someone tell me what tax total will be, i understand that it might be next year until it gets lowered based on market rate. Also what would my monthly water,sewage,and garbage pickup bill be? in floridam its part of taxes(not water). I hope home owners insurance will at least run me less in vegas.
Taxes will be about 900 per year. Utilities can be approximated at 150 per 1000SF. Insurance will run around $450. HOA fees would be above all that.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:20 PM

414 posts, read 973,124 times
You can go to the Clark County Assessor's website and type in the address and see what the taxes were for last year and projected for the next year.

Start here. Assessor Records and Maps
You can search for the property based on owner, address or parcel number on the left. Pick one and put in the information. When you get to the page about the property, it will show you the current tax basis and the one for next year.

Now go to this website. Tax Rate - How is it Determined?
This page shows you the tax rates for the various areas in Clark County. Find the one for the area where your home is located.

Now do the math and you will get your current and 2010 tax numbers.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212david51 View Post
You can go to the Clark County Assessor's website and type in the address and see what the taxes were for last year and projected for the next year.

You can search for the property based on owner, address or parcel number on the left. Pick one and put in the information. When you get to the page about the property, it will show you the current tax basis and the one for next year.

This page shows you the tax rates for the various areas in Clark County. Find the one for the area where your home is located.

All true. The OP can also go to the recent supreme court decision and decide how she views the impact of those decisions on her taxes. She may also want to consider what the next legislature will do about that supreme court decision.

Or she can take $900 and proceed with her life.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:23 AM

150 posts, read 427,289 times
Thank you for your help. I assume utilities costs can be reduced by leaving ac off when not at home or using window unit in room i spending my time in?I have never had home with central ac.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:46 AM

845 posts, read 2,327,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212david51 View Post

We are in the middle of a property tax year. They run from 7-1 thru 6-30. You do have your new assessment for 2010-11, but the rate has not been set.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:21 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolpho View Post
We are in the middle of a property tax year. They run from 7-1 thru 6-30. You do have your new assessment for 2010-11, but the rate has not been set.
yes it has, all the values were in the Review Journal a few days ago, and you have until the 15th to appeal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: