Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:22 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Take a trip here if you can. Look at the city, rent a car and drive around, stop in stores and businesses and fill out applications.
Good luck renting a car at age 20. Maybe MomMom will loan you one of her cars for the duration of your stay, or better yet, chauffeur you around while you're here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 01:51 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Good luck renting a car at age 20. Maybe MomMom will loan you one of her cars for the duration of your stay, or better yet, chauffeur you around while you're here.
Ha Ha, very funny. You truly are arrogant, or at least you're trying to be......something and fit in.

If the kid wants to, he can go to Enterprise at the airport. They'll charge almost $30 more per day, but they'll rent to drivers under the age of 25.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:03 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,889 times
Quote:
If the kid wants to, he can go to Enterprise at the airport. They'll charge almost $30 more per day, but they'll rent to drivers under the age of 25.
21 and up yet, but not under 21.

I'm still hoping to meet you at that Cougar bar you hang out at.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:34 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
21 and up yet, but not under 21.

I'm still hoping to meet you at that Cougar bar you hang out at.
Maybe I will rent my car out to him for $10 a day.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Ha Ha, very funny. You truly are arrogant, or at least you're trying to be......something and fit in.

Unfortunately, he is correct. Back when I was 18 years old, my car got stolen. Even know I had full coverage with rental car allowance, no company would allow it saying I had to be a minimum of 21. I ended up having my parents get the rental, and driving their car instead.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:02 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Unfortunately, he is correct. Back when I was 18 years old, my car got stolen. Even know I had full coverage with rental car allowance, no company would allow it saying I had to be a minimum of 21. I ended up having my parents get the rental, and driving their car instead.
well now i know what will happen if my car gets stolen, i gotta drive my mom's crummy 94 mercury villager while she gets the good rental lol

Old 12-02-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
well now i know what will happen if my car gets stolen, i gotta drive my mom's crummy 94 mercury villager while she gets the good rental lol
Tell me about. I just turned 18 years old and I was brutally car jacked for my Mustang. The insurance company gave me a brand new Pontiac Grand Prix. My parents of course took that, and gave me an old hoopty (1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme) that was puke brown. I was really upset since I was paying for my own insurance too. Needless to say, being 18 was not a good time for me.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:12 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,252 times
Default CAT bus

Vegas does have a pretty good bus system. I've had to use it a time or two particularly when my car was in the shop and I had to be other places. Having a car is not really a necessity, but is an adjustment if you are used to your own transportation.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:06 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Tell me about. I just turned 18 years old and I was brutally car jacked for my Mustang. The insurance company gave me a brand new Pontiac Grand Prix. My parents of course took that, and gave me an old hoopty (1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme) that was puke brown. I was really upset since I was paying for my own insurance too. Needless to say, being 18 was not a good time for me.
I dont think being 18 is a good time for anybody.

and to sierra madre 44, i would much rather not ride the bus around las vegas. not to say i hate public transportation, but i dont want to spend 45 minnutes in 110 degree heat in july waiting for a bus thast runnign late

Old 12-02-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
Vegas does have a pretty good bus system. I've had to use it a time or two particularly when my car was in the shop and I had to be other places. Having a car is not really a necessity, but is an adjustment if you are used to your own transportation.
Having a car here IS a necessity for most of us. I have to go to work 5 days a week, and there is no bus that goes there. If the OP is going to visit the strip, and stay on the strip, I agree the bus is adequate. However, for anyone living here working a full time job, forget it, a car is a necessity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas