Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 PM

232 posts, read 676,210 times

Advertisements

I got a ticket a few weeks ago, and went to traffic school. Being my first ticket, I had no idea that the court was supposed to authorize traffic school first before you go. Does anyone know if my attending school would still be counted since it wasn't authorized yet by the court? It was a simple failure to stop. Oops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 04:01 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
I've learned to give my tickets to the lawyers in town that can get them reduced to parking tickets. I know someone who's had many tickets and all of them were reduced to parking tickets. Yes it can cost you, but to some it might be worth it.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 PM

422 posts, read 1,084,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I've learned to give my tickets to the lawyers in town that can get them reduced to parking tickets. I know someone who's had many tickets and all of them were reduced to parking tickets. Yes it can cost you, but to some it might be worth it.
Unless you have more money than time, you could be just as successful at having your tickets reduced to parking tickets, according to this article in the R J.

ROAD WARRIOR: Ticket fixers really give drivers, courts break - News - ReviewJournal.com

Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
You can also do Nevada traffic school online or rent the video at Blockbuster.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
Only one way to find out, that's to call the court. Usually when you go to traffic school they ask you if the course attendance is related to a plea bargain with a specific ticket and you give them all the ticket info.

I don't know where you got your ticket (henderson, lv, nlv, clark county, etc.), but different jurisdictions have different requirements. Henderson for example, does not accept any online traffic schools for justice court tickets, but does accept one specific online traffic school for municipal court tickets.

Good luck! Hopefully they will accept your pre-plea bargain traffic school. If they won't then I would just go to a fix a ticket place.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
of course since the OP was in Sep 09 he's already in jail for it....even before all the traffic school pimps weighted in

Old 06-23-2010, 08:47 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post

The very fact that this is possible is ridiculous. Just proof that money will buy innocence in most cases even stretching all the way up to murder.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 PM

422 posts, read 1,084,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
The very fact that this is possible is ridiculous. Just proof that money will buy innocence in most cases even stretching all the way up to murder.
Isn't O J a prime example of this? His money didn't mean sh*t here! LOL

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM

232 posts, read 676,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
of course since the OP was in Sep 09 he's already in jail for it....even before all the traffic school pimps weighted in
Nope, not in jail! Everything worked out fine. Paid the fine, and presented the certificate I got from traffic school, so no points on the license or increase in insurance. The only thing that really made me mad was when I got to the window to pay the fine, they asked for I think it was $100 more than what the back of the ticket said I had to pay. When I argued and said the back of the ticket clearly states how much the offense was, the lady told me they had recently raised the fines, and I had to pay the increased fine. I continued to argue, and she said that I had to go down the hall and talk to the judge about it if I wanted to argue about it. Didn't bother talking to the judge, as I'm sure that would have been pointless. They're going to get their money one way or another. What a racket!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
To quote the traffic judge when I was a kid [yes they DID have cars then] "GUILTY $10 + costs. What is the charge?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas