Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 PM

74 posts, read 121,227 times

Advertisements

is that common or even legal?
i moved here a few months ago into a pre rented apartment and there is no heater.
i have lived in a desert before,so i know it can get chilly,just not in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zodiac View Post
i moved here a few months ago into a pre rented apartment and there is no heater.
i have lived in a desert before,so i know it can get chilly,just not in the summer.
You do not need central heating in an apartment in Vegas. I stayed at a couple places here where the people I lived with did not use the heater. A space heater is more than sufficient in an apartment.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Uhhh...how is it you get cooled?

Normally the heat comes from the same place as the cool.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:19 PM

259 posts, read 705,253 times
My house in Vegas sure as heck got cold enough to need heat and lots of it. Gas bill ran 150 bucks a month during the winter months.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:29 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times
Quote:
If you have a wall unit AC or you sure it’s not a heater also. The temperatures do fall below freezing occasionally and if you’re planning to keep the indoor temp around 65 then you will need a heat unit.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,238 times
The strong winds can make a difference how cold it gets. If the weather stripping is worn out get the landlord to replace it.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
You will definitely need heating, but I suspect that your A/C unit is also your heater. Ask the landlord how it works. Why would you take a place that had no heat?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:09 PM

74 posts, read 121,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Uhhh...how is it you get cooled?

Normally the heat comes from the same place as the cool.
it's not central ac,it sticks outside.it's not even dual heat/ac.

my father that has been here a few years asks me why don't you have heat.

i've lived in phoenix,so i know it can get cold and phoenix is warmer then here.
it's odd to me,but my main reason of asking is,is it legal.
i'm moving into another apartment before the arctic air blows into las vegas ,but i'm just wondering if it is legal.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
it's not central ac,it sticks outside.it's not even dual heat/ac.

my father that has been here a few years asks me why don't you have heat.

i've lived in phoenix,so i know it can get cold and phoenix is warmer then here.
it's odd to me,but my main reason of asking is,is it legal.
i'm moving into another apartment before the arctic air blows into las vegas ,but i'm just wondering if it is legal.
I assume you live in a studio apartment, correct? I am also from Phoenix and have lived in an apartment in Sunnyslope that did only have a window swamp cooler, with no heat or air conditioning. Yes, I am sure it is legal. However, you are making a big deal out of nothing. For $50 you can get good space heater with a temperature control that will heat up the whole place just fine.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 AM

88 posts, read 143,324 times
This reminds me of when I lived in Monterey, CA. My heater broke and I never really got around to asking them to fix it. It definitely got pretty cold in there, but I used a space heater in the bathroom when I took showers. Still warmer than in the ice rinks for me, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas