Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:02 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,719,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So you will be creating another of the Toxic Assets that destroyed our economy. My suggestion would be that you find another job and pay your mortgage rather than unload it on the taxpayer
I totally agree with you, but its not easy finding work in Las Vegas right now. Not impossible but very very hard. There are going to be a lot of people in this situation and its going to get ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 PM

110 posts, read 235,457 times
Default And it`s going to get even more ugly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
There are going to be a lot of people in this situation and its going to get ugly.
Your exactly right! It`s going to get worse and the "cheap" sell-out of our country is gradually going to foreign investors who don`t even live here in the first place.
Our people are now in need, having no health insurance, no home and are hungry. The elderly are in the worst situation and are suffering.

Greediness has taken over the Agenda. Very, very unfortunate for America!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,291,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barocko7 View Post
Your exactly right! It`s going to get worse and the "cheap" sell-out of our country is gradually going to foreign investors who don`t even live here in the first place.
Our people are now in need, having no health insurance, no home and are hungry. The elderly are in the worst situation and are suffering.

Greediness has taken over the Agenda. Very, very unfortunate for America!
Remember one main point about foreign investors, they can't take the property home with them and they are stuck paying all the taxes of owning a place in the USA.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 PM

110 posts, read 235,457 times
Default Losing our resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Remember one main point about foreign investors, they can't take the property home with them and they are stuck paying all the taxes of owning a place in the USA.
Thats true, but they are using OUR resources for future capital gains which they eventually take out of the country with them, whereas our people are going more n`more into poverty.
That nis not what America needs at this time!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:26 AM

638 posts, read 2,246,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David702 View Post
Hey guys,

After months and months of thinking, I finally decided to let my house go. I was just recently told that in a few months after my project is finished, I will be laid off. My plan is to stay here mortgage free until the bank kicks me out and save what i can.

Anyone know how long this process takes? I heard up to 9 Months.

And when they serve me with the eviction, how many days will I have before I must move out? My goal is to live here as long as I possibly can.

Any ideas?

Thanks..

Come on man! I could understand if you depleted your savings, had no income coming in, and could not keep your lights on, then yes stop paying the mortgage. But you are so privileged and special that you are not even going to take on or look for a second job while you are STILL EMPLOYED for the next few months. Just give up and walk away? Nice example to set for your family. What kind of man are you?

I understand that things are complicated out there. I've been walking a fine line all year with my job and my mortgage and what to do, and I know its hard. But to just stop paying when you still have money coming in is totally irresponsible. I guess Las Vegas deserves to have this foreclosure crisis on it's hands because we are a city filled with people like you. Thanks for adding to our nightmare.

If you think you can just walk from your mortgage and keep whatever savings you have then you are wrong.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:09 AM

31 posts, read 68,201 times
Everyone, I am looking for a job, however Concrete Finisher in LV is hard to come by.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for their advice, not judgment.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:34 AM

33 posts, read 122,472 times
Are you from vegas? Would moving to another nearby city be out of the question and get to see your family on the weekends? I'm not judging, I'm trying to think of ways to prevent you from destroying your credit. Everytime I talk to HR people, the bigger and bigger question I am hearing with these people is the credit score. More and more weight is being put on this.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:29 PM

106 posts, read 223,051 times
Angry What!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
Come on man! I could understand if you depleted your savings, had no income coming in, and could not keep your lights on, then yes stop paying the mortgage. But you are so privileged and special that you are not even going to take on or look for a second job while you are STILL EMPLOYED for the next few months. Just give up and walk away? Nice example to set for your family. What kind of man are you?

I understand that things are complicated out there. I've been walking a fine line all year with my job and my mortgage and what to do, and I know its hard. But to just stop paying when you still have money coming in is totally irresponsible. I guess Las Vegas deserves to have this foreclosure crisis on it's hands because we are a city filled with people like you. Thanks for adding to our nightmare.

If you think you can just walk from your mortgage and keep whatever savings you have then you are wrong.

Who do you think your are???? Your nothing!!!! My Mom and Dad are losing their home in Vegas because my Mom was laid off from her job.
They had no intentions of ever doing this. Banks will not work with them.
I feel SORRY for anyone that is losing their homes to this mess. Vegas WILL GET WORSE. No one is spending money in VEGAS. Our town is totally dependant on others coming in to this town to spend their money. It will get worse before it gets better. Remember that!!

DONT JUDGE PEOPLE!!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:33 PM

106 posts, read 223,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David702 View Post
Everyone, I am looking for a job, however Concrete Finisher in LV is hard to come by.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for their advice, not judgment.

Good Luck David. I am sorry this is happening to you. My parents are losing their home due to the exact same thing you are going through. I relocated out of Vegas 4 months ago because I was laid off. I was luck to pick up a position in a Building Engineer in SF. But it is tough here too. Don't get me wrong, its bad every where. But its worse in LAS VEGAS than any other place in the United States.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,021,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjimb View Post
Who do you think your are???? Your nothing!!!! My Mom and Dad are losing their home in Vegas because my Mom was laid off from her job.
They had no intentions of ever doing this. Banks will not work with them.
I feel SORRY for anyone that is losing their homes to this mess. Vegas WILL GET WORSE. No one is spending money in VEGAS. Our town is totally dependant on others coming in to this town to spend their money. It will get worse before it gets better. Remember that!!

DONT JUDGE PEOPLE!!!!!

another country heard from... you just can't stay away from the vegas forum can you? must have a day off from that big job of yours otherwise why would you be posting when you should be working...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas