Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 06:45 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,465,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Would I help someone buy a second house so they could walk away from the first? I would have to think about that one. If faced with it head on I would probably decline. If I found out after going to contract on the second house? No I would probably ride it out. I think it scuzzy enough that I would rather not play...but if in the middle I would finish it. It is not illegal...just in bad taste.
Yes, your messages are pretty clear that unethical or not, bad taste or not, as long as a particular behavior is legal you have no real aversion to it. They say everyone has a price. For anyone thinking of doing business with you, it's probably nice to know yours in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomberg
Morality and social stigmas play an important role in whether someone who can afford the payments will walk away, said Paola Sapienza, professor of finance at Northwestern University’s business school, in a July study on strategic defaults. Eighty-one percent of 1,646 homeowners interviewed think it is morally wrong, the study found.
Bloomberg Printer-Friendly Page
Again, collectively we can only be thankful that for now, people of your ethical character are in a distinct minority. Welcome to the sheister 19%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 PM

13 posts, read 16,254 times
Quote:
I suspect my hourly wage from CD contacts approaches though does not exceed the minimum wage...

It is however more fun than any other source of revenue.
HA just joking...thanks for posting here

Old 10-08-2009, 07:15 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,431,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Yes, your messages are pretty clear that unethical or not, bad taste or not, as long as a particular behavior is legal you have no real aversion to it. They say everyone has a price. For anyone thinking of doing business with you, it's probably nice to know yours in advance.
Nope. As I continue to point out to your deaf ears you do not get to set my or my clients ethics code. It is none of your business.

Quote:
Again, collectively we can only be thankful that for now, people of your ethical character are in a distinct minority. Welcome to the sheister 19%.

Actually it is sad that my ethical standards are not widespread. Instead such as you try to assert personal quasi-religious beliefs as some version of truth.

But your understanding of basic ethics is quite minimal. Face it Tony...right from wrong just ain't your bag...

And the 19% are your boys Tony...I go with the 81%. It is you sharp operators who do this sort of thing...not the owner who is in a nonviable position on a mortgage. Too much money and too little sense...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,465,462 times
Quote:
Nope. As I continue to point out to your deaf ears you do not get to set my or my clients ethics code. It is none of your business.
No one's trying to change your code of ethics. That's analogous to teaching swine proper table manners. I'm just not buying the bilge you're trying to sell.

However, I ask again; does everyone deserve to live rent free, or just the people you advise on bilking the system?
Quote:
Actually it is sad that my ethical standards are not widespread. Instead such as you try to assert personal quasi-religious beliefs as some version of truth.
My sense of right and wrong has nothing to do with religion. I am however a believer in Karma. Didn't you mention in another thread that your home suffered six figures worth of flood damage? Imagine that.
Quote:
But your understanding of basic ethics is quite minimal. Face it Tony...right from wrong just ain't your bag...
Says the man aligned with the 19% of the people who believe it's morally acceptable to walk away from their homes when they can afford the payments. That's classic.
Quote:
And the 19% are your boys Tony...I go with the 81%. It is you sharp operators who do this sort of thing...not the owner who is in a nonviable position on a mortgage. Too much money and too little sense...
Nope. I'm sure if you have someone explain the contents of the article, you'll see that you're position is consistent with the scheister 19%. Congrats.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 PM

815 posts, read 2,063,750 times
http://www.popforum.net/images/smiles/icon_popcorn.gif (broken link)http://www.popforum.net/images/smiles/icon_popcorn.gif (broken link)http://www.popforum.net/images/smiles/icon_popcorn.gif (broken link)

Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM

16 posts, read 49,975 times
lmao fastrudy

Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 AM

11 posts, read 26,660 times
how much is your payment? wanna trade for iowa?!

Old 10-10-2009, 09:33 AM

239 posts, read 645,615 times
IOWA? IdiotsOutWalkingAround.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM

549 posts, read 1,387,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjimb View Post
Good Luck David. I am sorry this is happening to you. My parents are losing their home due to the exact same thing you are going through. I relocated out of Vegas 4 months ago because I was laid off. I was luck to pick up a position in a Building Engineer in SF. But it is tough here too. Don't get me wrong, its bad every where. But its worse in LAS VEGAS than any other place in the United States.
I'm SO glad to read someone else say EXACTLY what I've been telling my family who do not live in Vegas.... It is WORSE in Vegas than any other place in the US. Of course, then I get what about Detroit? Admittedly, Detroit is hurting, but their bread and butter does not depend on tourists!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:49 PM

549 posts, read 1,387,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David702 View Post
Hey guys,

After months and months of thinking, I finally decided to let my house go. I was just recently told that in a few months after my project is finished, I will be laid off. My plan is to stay here mortgage free until the bank kicks me out and save what i can.

Anyone know how long this process takes? I heard up to 9 Months.

And when they serve me with the eviction, how many days will I have before I must move out? My goal is to live here as long as I possibly can.

Any ideas?

Thanks..

I've read a number of posts, not all, but here's my humble opinion. You obviously didn't come to this conclusion without as you said thinking for a while about the situation.

I am renter in a foreclosed house. I'm admittedly pissed off that the landlord was receiving rent from me and stopped paying the mortgage in November of last year. The bank filed a default on the owner in June. They filed a notice to sale in September with the anticipated date of 9/24. The bank postponed the sale because THERE ARE TOO MANY HOUSES IN FORECLOSURE TO SALE. The sale date has been postponed until 10/26.

Now, here's the crazy side of this... I asked the mgmt company in June to cancel the contract. I could have moved my family to another location not in foreclosure. These stupid people expect me to continue to pay rent to a landlord that is NOT paying the bank. Now, of course, they are trying to throw me out. WTF? To me, this is participating in a conspiracy to defraud the bank. I have a court date on Monday to either get more time or get thrown out. I'm expecting to get more time with a promise to pay. I don't expect the sale to occur on 10/26, but to be postponed again.

Another person I know through a neighbor had this same exact thing happen and the mgmt company canceled the contract and refunded his deposit. He still lives in the house and has been since April RENT FREE until the bank sales the property he's saving his money. However, they have postponed the sale of that house for 6 months.

A co-worker of mine lived in her house for 13 months without paying mortgage before having to move. So, the situations vary, but the fact remains, the banks are holding the properties and postponing the sales because there is way too much inventory.

IMHO, you do what you have to do. If you have no job, unemployment certainly isn't going to cover mortgage, utilities, etc. If you're like me, you're looking for a way out of this cesspool to a better place. I say, save your money and pack it up. Forget these other people on here who are not in your, or my, shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas