Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 AM

3 posts, read 5,193 times

Advertisements

I've heard that they contact you within a few days if you fail. I don't smoke, I just decided to one random night in March before I got laid off at my previous job so I had no idea I'd have to look for another one. I guess I'll just have to wait and see... AHHH THE ANTICIPATION!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 12:35 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,036,241 times
it stays in your hair a minimum of 60 days.. so i wouldn't get to excited.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:37 AM

and no they don't contact you if you fail.. realize that there are probably 500 applicants minimum for the same position, they will just go to the next one.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:12 AM

89 posts, read 233,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakiss View Post
I've heard that they contact you within a few days if you fail. I don't smoke, I just decided to one random night in March before I got laid off at my previous job so I had no idea I'd have to look for another one. I guess I'll just have to wait and see... AHHH THE ANTICIPATION!
If you actually only used one time, there is no way it is going to show up on the test. Even if it shows up, it has to be above a certain level. My guess is that you got the job.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:58 AM

188 posts, read 349,389 times
whats up.....everyone?

Old 05-22-2010, 12:29 PM

the sky

Old 05-22-2010, 02:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,157,939 times
price of gas?

Old 05-22-2010, 10:13 PM

10,040 posts, read 9,530,663 times
Well... A hot chick just walked by, so.....

Old 06-18-2010, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,103 times
can anyone here tell me a little about their experience with the hair follicle test as far as the procedure and how they collect the samples? i just recently was offered a position in f&b but during past april, i made a horrible mistake and started hanging out with the wrong vegas crowd. one of my friends decided to slip me a 1/2 of an e pill thinking that it would be funny to see how i would react since it was my first time. then last june was my last time hanging out with this group after one of them smoked weed and blew it into my face. now im worried these two incidents will show up in the test and make me fail. i'm not a recreational user. in fact it was my first experience with these drugs =( and im so afraid i'll lose this amazing opportunity working for a 5 star establishment just bcos i was hanging out with the wrong crowd. any suggestions on my situation?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:13 PM

699 posts, read 2,222,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchef1 View Post
can anyone here tell me a little about their experience with the hair follicle test as far as the procedure and how they collect the samples? i just recently was offered a position in f&b but during past april, i made a horrible mistake and started hanging out with the wrong vegas crowd. one of my friends decided to slip me a 1/2 of an e pill thinking that it would be funny to see how i would react since it was my first time. then last june was my last time hanging out with this group after one of them smoked weed and blew it into my face. now im worried these two incidents will show up in the test and make me fail. i'm not a recreational user. in fact it was my first experience with these drugs =( and im so afraid i'll lose this amazing opportunity working for a 5 star establishment just bcos i was hanging out with the wrong crowd. any suggestions on my situation?

you're better off googling this topic.

imo, if that is ALL of what you really did, then your levels of contamination are too low to be flagged on an Elisa test (1st round).
there are minimum levels detected by each type drug tested for,
and even one is over the limit, your 'positive' test goes to the
2nd round, for mass spec gas chromatograph (i think) to confirm.
if you're over the limit, you're out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas