Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:24 PM

4 posts, read 28,434 times

Advertisements

Im looking to move to vegas in the winter and Im looking at apartments on-line, what are the areas to stay away from. I dont know much about vegas and grew up in bad neighborhoods but i would like to know which areas are really bad so i don't mess up and get an apartment there, i am planning on visiting of course before i sign a lease.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 01:42 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,689,706 times
Basically there are 4 bad areas of town...West Las Vegas (the alphabet streets between Bonanza and Lake Mead and some areas around Carey between I-15 and Rancho), Northtown (The area between I-15 and Pecos and Lake Mead and Cheyenne), Sierra Vista Circle (This has a large concentration of apartments, so be careful), and Downtown Henderson (Water Street, Atlantic, Pacific...). Other than that, everywhere else is pretty much the same crime-wise. Crime can happen anywhere and usually it won't affect you if you don't get yourself mixed up in it.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:25 PM

222 posts, read 1,045,954 times
And stay away from Green Valley & Summerlin. There have been rapes, murders, robberies and drugs in those areas too.

Nevada law allows concealed carry of firearms. Do as I did, get your permit to carry a concealed firearm and don't leave home without it.

Last edited by Las Vegan Cajun; 04-06-2007 at 03:13 PM..

Old 04-06-2007, 02:34 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Uhhh how about we understand there is one chance in 100 million of being hit by a meterorite anywhere in Las Vegas. So maybe he should stay out of town?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM

222 posts, read 1,045,954 times
That's why I'm looking North to Alaska, the meteroite chances up there are 1 in 200 million according to the iknowitall.com website. And the chances of being raped by a drunk eskimo are pretty slim.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:59 PM

4 posts, read 28,434 times
Default thanks

Thanks for the replies, when i was on-line they all looked like nice apartments but maybe the palm trees threw me off ha

Old 04-06-2007, 04:35 PM

just look at apartmentratings.com

Old 04-06-2007, 11:21 PM

12 posts, read 54,684 times
when you look in apartmentratings.com you can find people talking bad even about apartments in summerlin or henderson,so i dont believe its good choice to find nice advice where to rent.
it would be nice to open one topic in this forum only about apartments for rent,and talk about positive or negative things about them or areas around.
i spent 2 days in vegas looking for apartment,and im still not sure where to move!

my best choice are polo apartments,close to strip and shoping,area is so so,but its gated community.
and also office stuff is nice.
but when u look in apartmentratings.com and read about them you can find only bad things !
So, we maybe need more helpfrom people already in vegas to give us good advice where to go!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:39 AM

30 posts, read 203,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
just look at apartmentratings.com
wow that is good, I wish I saw that before I moved,, time to leave horrible review for the ****hole I live in(mainly because of the **********s who live around me,, Oh how I wish it was legal to murder someone)

Old 04-07-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario77 View Post
when you look in apartmentratings.com you can find people talking bad even about apartments in summerlin or henderson,so i dont believe its good choice to find nice advice where to rent.
it would be nice to open one topic in this forum only about apartments for rent,and talk about positive or negative things about them or areas around.
i spent 2 days in vegas looking for apartment,and im still not sure where to move!

my best choice are polo apartments,close to strip and shoping,area is so so,but its gated community.
and also office stuff is nice.
but when u look in apartmentratings.com and read about them you can find only bad things !
So, we maybe need more helpfrom people already in vegas to give us good advice where to go!
Just because a place has a Summerlin or Henderson address doesn't mean its great. There's lots of bad complexes in Henderson. Galleria Palms (I think it was called), Cielo, and some more that I or some other family members have lived in. Polo is a nice complex and the area is better than most. You are very misinformed, if you think that gated will keep you safe. Anyone can find out the gate code, follow someone in, or just smash through the gates like they did all the time to this complex on the South Strip and the Galleria Palms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas