Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 09:51 PM

289 posts, read 1,041,495 times

Advertisements

Mar. 23, 2009

CityCenter future in doubt after Dubai partner sues MGM Mirage

The survival of the $9.1 billion CityCenter development was called into question Monday when the investment arm of the Persian Gulf state of Dubai sued MGM Mirage over concerns about the project’s viability.

According to the lawsuit filed in Delaware Chancery Court, Dubai World, a 50-50 joint venture partner in CityCenter, is asking for unspecified damages and wants to be relieved of its obligations under the companies’ agreement that was struck in August 2007.

continues:
CityCenter future in doubt after Dubai partner sues MGM Mirage - News - ReviewJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,728,107 times
There are so many projects halted in Dubai that they are probably broke. Funny how a place like that with all its riches can fall so quick.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 PM

44 posts, read 187,565 times
Default Las Vegas rejected freedom

Las Vegas rejected freedom and libertarianism, so they deserve to die in poverty. Maybe your corrupt politicians will save you.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:39 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,553,390 times
I said it right from the beginning (you can verify it with search)...CityCenter is destined to be a Las Vegas boondoggle of major proportions. MGM's failure to deliver on this project will keep LV lawyers rich, fat and happy for a very long time.

Bugsy Siegel had huge cost overruns, too.

Last edited by jfkIII; 03-24-2009 at 08:50 PM..

Old 03-24-2009, 08:53 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,724,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I said it right from the beginning (you can verify it with search)...CityCenter is destined to be a Las Vegas boondoggle of major proportions. MGM's failure to deliver on this project will keep LV lawyers rich, fat and happy for a very long time.
I too said from the beginning it would fail (also verifiable with a search) I also said it was going to create more of a burdon on the local economy with all the $8/hr jobs it was going to create if it succeeded. Kinda like what Walmart does to a local economy.

In fact as a joke I saved quite a few posts from those bragging about the 10,000 jobs it was going to create. I also saved a lot of posts by those saying Vegas would never see a recession. Now it's depression time. I will post those links to those wonderful posts when the time is right.

The moral of the story is never say never rather then to put anyone down. We all have a lot more pain to go before anything changes............if it ever changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas