Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 AM

5 posts, read 16,918 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I recently got a job offer in Las Vegas and have decided to move to either Las Vegas or Henderson. I have heard Henderson is a really nice area, but I am not a big fan of suburbs. I am coming from Philadelphia so I'm trying to get as close to city living and mass transportation as I can. Would anyone have any personal recommendations for apartment living in Las Vegas which would be close to stores, hospitals, etc? Safety is my utmost concern in looking for a place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:07 AM

162 posts, read 468,018 times
search bar...please use it. This question has been answered so much already

Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM

5 posts, read 16,918 times
WOW! I had no idea there was a search bar! Really? It's a message board for questions and what not, and considering everyone's situations are different that are moving to Las Vegas I think I have a valid question. Is it really a problem for you to see similar threads? Just ignore and move along.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:49 AM

471 posts, read 626,412 times
I think it's a valid question. Be nice geez.

Anyway, it depends on how much you want to spend of course. Anywhere from 400-5000 a month us the range.

Also, for safety info go the lvmpd website.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,960,235 times
Where is your job located? You might want to start there. I liked Henderson, alot don't. Basically, I thought any type of living was not far from whereever I was. If I wanted to get out of the city, I went 30 mins or so to Mt. Charleston or less to Red Rock. If I wanted the city life, that was close too.

I had an apt in Henderson. I liked it alot, the complex and all. I thought mgmt was good, but I never really had to ask them for anything. If you want more info, DM me.

Good luck, nice to hear people getting jobs!!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi01 View Post
WOW! I had no idea there was a search bar! Really? It's a message board for questions and what not, and considering everyone's situations are different that are moving to Las Vegas I think I have a valid question. Is it really a problem for you to see similar threads? Just ignore and move along.
Hey! You understand basic sarcasm! Hooray, how mature and advanced! Cool for you

Heres the point: Your question is not any different, unique, or special from a half dozen we've answered in the last month, and I and a lot of other members dont like to answer the same question every day. Thats all. Btw, a week ago, you started a thread asking for apartment advice in Philadelphia, so....what gives? LV doesn't need any more transients, if your Phillie Burger King wants to transfer you here, maybe just stay there. ANd make me a whopper while you're at it

Last edited by ComeBack_Kid; 02-06-2009 at 10:30 AM..

Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
I think it's a valid question. Be nice geez.

Anyway, it depends on how much you want to spend of course. Anywhere from 400-5000 a month us the range.

Also, for safety info go the lvmpd website.
I don't remember asking what you thought Lexus; shouldnt you be moving into SKY right about now? Oh wait...thats a BS thread too

Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM

471 posts, read 626,412 times
HATER ALERT!! (come back kid)

LOL diss!

Old 02-06-2009, 05:20 PM

14 posts, read 40,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi01 View Post
Hi everyone, I recently got a job offer in Las Vegas and have decided to move to either Las Vegas or Henderson. I have heard Henderson is a really nice area, but I am not a big fan of suburbs. I am coming from Philadelphia so I'm trying to get as close to city living and mass transportation as I can. Would anyone have any personal recommendations for apartment living in Las Vegas which would be close to stores, hospitals, etc? Safety is my utmost concern in looking for a place to live.
Vegas is pretty much just suburbs...unless you want to pay for the overpriced high rises on the strip. Henderson/Green Valley is very nice. As for mass transportation, there really isn't any here. We have a CAT bus system...but it takes about 1.5-2 hours to get anywhere more than 5 miles on it. There are stores and hospitals all over the Las Vegas Valley. As for safety, you can look up the crime stats for neighborhoods you are looking at by going to LVMPD's website at CrimeView Community Incident Map

I live at Mountain's Edge. It's nice & quiet...there is an ER about 7 minutes away, and shopping within 10 mins. We are 20 minutes from the strip...and just a few minutes from the freeway. NW Vegas is less expensive, but the commute can be crappy to the strip. I'd avoid NE & SE Vegas and Southern Highlands. Good luck!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:24 PM

56 posts, read 166,992 times
Default Transients

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
Hey! You understand basic sarcasm! Hooray, how mature and advanced! Cool for you

Heres the point: Your question is not any different, unique, or special from a half dozen we've answered in the last month, and I and a lot of other members dont like to answer the same question every day. Thats all. Btw, a week ago, you started a thread asking for apartment advice in Philadelphia, so....what gives? LV doesn't need any more transients, if your Phillie Burger King wants to transfer you here, maybe just stay there. ANd make me a whopper while you're at it
Who are you kidding Vegas needs all the transients it can get. I just moved here from NY, the schools here are horrendous, the shortage of teachers is discusting and Vegas still wants to cut teachers salaries 6%. Some schools are teaching threw online classes,What the h-ll is that??
Vegas needs every penny it can get into this economy, and fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: