Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:53 PM

7 posts, read 54,216 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts on either of the 2 condos? Thinking of buying a 2 bed unit as an investment/second home.

Price, sq footage, and amenities are very similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 02:04 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,345,257 times
I thought they stopped construction or went belly up or something???

Is this them?

http://www.lvrj.com/business/36287849.html

Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSee View Post
What are your thoughts on either of the 2 condos? Thinking of buying a 2 bed unit as an investment/second home.

Manhattan Condos has already been built. I was in Vegas 1 or 2 weeks ago and took a quick look, but the sales team was not there that day. From the outside it looks nice though.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,684,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I thought they stopped construction or went belly up or something???

Is this them?

ReviewJournal.com - Business - Construction halted on mixed-used condo project in southwest Las Vegas
you're thinking of ManhattanWest, Manhattan has already completed construction and has been around for 2 years now, Manhattan and Park Avenue are right next door to each other

Old 02-02-2009, 03:52 PM

Not Manhattan west but the Manhattan off of Las vegas blvd. Manhattan and Park avenue are next door neighbors.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 PM

162 posts, read 467,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSee View Post

PARK AVENUE!

I could rave about them all day and rant about Manhattan all day

My sister lived in Manhattan condos for a year; security is lax, much of the insides of some of the buildings are unfinished, the mailboxes were broken into twice in her building, they have tons of foreclosures and tons of squatters(her old roommate is squatting in a foreclosed unit and has been there for 5 months now, and is stealing electricity) etc, etc Other friends of mine like it, others hate it. Personally, I thought it was great when I went there the first few times, but its definitely taken a slight turn for the worst.

Anyways, A few friends of mine live in Park Ave. They LOVE it; luxurious, safe, a cool community center, secure, and quieter than Manhattan as well as a million other things. Their indoor/outdoor pool is sweet too
Not to mention their prices and HOA fees are cheaper too.

IMHO, Park Ave is the better choice, and good luck either way!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:26 AM

Someone just informed me that there were construction defect litigation at the Park Avenue and an FBI investigation into the HOA. Have the problems be resolved or are they ongoing?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:16 PM

22 posts, read 85,655 times
Default Park Avenue

My wife just showed a property there yesterday. The only thing with Park Avenue is that you'll have to have cash due to the litigation. I.E. you may have a hard time getting financing. As I understand it, the issues have been fixed but because the suit is still in play, some banks won't finance the project. However, on the plus side the community is quiet, very nice and units are in the low hundred thousand range. Plus it is about 5 minutes from the "strip" area of Las Vegas Boulevard and about 10 minutes from the airport.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,684,273 times
why is there an FBI investigation?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
why is there an FBI investigation?
FBI is investigating HOA corruption.

Here is a link I just found:
Las Vegas Now | I-Team: Ombudsman Talks About HOA Investigation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas