Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM

30 posts, read 203,102 times

Advertisements

I honestly can not take it anymore,, my complex is a complete joke with the music blasting the people shouting horns honking and the car stereoes with the bass blasting,,,does anyone live in a relatively quiet(and safe) Apartment complex I currently pay about $650 a month and was hoping for something close to that, I also live by Tropicana and Maryland

and I dont want to get called a racist so I wont say the 2 groups who are usually behind some of the things I mentioned, but use your imagination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 PM

289 posts, read 1,039,448 times
Wish I could give you a tip, but I can't. On the other hand, I share your misery. I just arrived in Vegas and share a room in a townhome in the 89128 zip code.

The neighbors here NEVER SHUT UP! Because nobody has a yard in this complex they use the "alley" as their common area. On a nightly basis people are right outside my window drinking, yelling, playing with their yappy dogs and yacking away until midnight. The kids scream and shout all the time because they have nowhere else to play. It doesn't matter if it's a work night, weekend, or whatever -- it's noise, noise, and more noise!

And I know a thing or two about noise, having lived for 10 years near LAX in Los Angeles. This is worse.

I have sworn to never live in a condo, townhome, or apartment complex again in Las Vegas. If I have to spend some more $$ to rent a house in Summerlin, I will. This is no fun.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:08 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,683,662 times
We rent in Green Valley Ranch in a house, same problem...

We may be looking at the Sunset Canyon Apartments off Fort Apache and Sunset, I think they may be quiet, good reviews online and a lot of bang for the buck it looks like.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:59 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,371,880 times
I think part of the problem is the $$ you're spending. If you're paying $650/month, you're not exactly living in the high-rent district, so you're not going to be surrounded by rocket scientists and socialites- that only happens on "Melrose Place" were a motorcycle mechanic, a dance instructor, and a cab driver can afford to live in a clean, private complex with a private pool.

I doubt you'll find anywhere in the valley that you're going to solve your problem without raising your rent amount substantially. In general, apartment dwelling isn't going to be without the problems you mention until you get into the $2,000/mo high-rise units. Sorry.

Bob

Old 03-13-2007, 10:27 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Yup...mostly a price point problem. The other solution is to get past 55. The aged restriced places are generally quiet.

You may well find the same problem with lower end house rentals. The below $1000 neighborhoods can also be noisey.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The other solution is to get past 55. The aged restriced places are generally quiet.
That's because after 8pm you folks are either asleep from the "Blue Plate Special" and bingo at Arizona Charlies, or sitting at the computer checking messages at City-Data, Capt! lol

Bob

Old 03-13-2007, 03:22 PM

9 posts, read 40,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
We rent in Green Valley Ranch in a house, same problem...

We may be looking at the Sunset Canyon Apartments off Fort Apache and Sunset, I think they may be quiet, good reviews online and a lot of bang for the buck it looks like.
I've been looking at Sunset Canyon Apts also but its waaaaaaay out there in left field. Are there any markets or shopping centers somewhat close to there?

Old 03-13-2007, 03:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothelion View Post
I've been looking at Sunset Canyon Apts also but its waaaaaaay out there in left field. Are there any markets or shopping centers somewhat close to there?

There is heavy shopping on Trop lesser on Durango. A couple of miles.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:47 PM

5 posts, read 24,853 times
I am relocating as well and quiet is a #1 priority. I'm look at moving to the FAR NW side of Summerlin. It's all pretty much new, I drove around the neighborhoods in the AM and the PM to see what the places were like (defnitly a good idea if you are looking for quiet places). You might find your best bet in order to stay in that price range is to find a roommate and get a nicer place. I've lived in several major US cities and a few small cities, and I have discovered a universal truth - you get what you pay for. If you want quiet, you go to more undeveloped areas (though you do have to deal with construction), dont live by stores or strip malls, and investigate the neighborhoods. I used to dictate things by how many houses are for sale - but that doesn't seem to be an option in Vegas as everything no matter what neighborhood has a lot for sale. Look at the condition of the houses, cars, people watch and you'll find a place that will allow you a better nights sleep. But remember I haven't relocated yet, sooooo, its very possible I'll also be complaining about these problems as well.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:34 PM

To really get a feel for the noise at an apartment complex, you need to hang out in the parking lots at 10pm-midnight on a Friday, or near the pool area at the same time. That'll tell you what you can expect.....

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: